Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sick of bad install jobs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,953 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

Awesome! Thanks, Brian!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Betnpin!!

Test

#23 J5

J5

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

i use thick plastic sheeting same plastic as a fridge liner

great for fridges and dishwashers

also gets you points as you make a song and dance about it so the customer knows you are

taking all care and its also a warning that they cant pull the damaged floor on you

wd40 into fresh scratchs knock off the fresh look and blend back into the rest of the floor

#24 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,033 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Good info J5...wd-40....what would the world be without it?

Appliantology is, however appliances are not, an exact science for I know there are a few refrigerators that actually hate me.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct and least expensive one, unless it's your compressor or motherboard" Occam as an appliantologist

"When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth; unless it's your compressor or motherboard." Mr. Spock as an appliantologist

"I think, therefore I have no earthly idea why this thing is not working...I got nothin'...". Rumored to have been uttered by a frustrated Descartes while diagnosing his GE Profile.

#25 acfixerdude

acfixerdude

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lagunitas IPA

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

http://www.repaircli...nce/93001/12914

Work like a charm... most of the time.

#26 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

i use thick plastic sheeting same plastic as a fridge liner

wd40 into fresh scratchs knock off the fresh look and blend back into the rest of the f

Could probably get some of that at Lowes, maybe like they use for cheap shower wall?

Damned goood info on the WD 40

Test

#27 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with wood flooring in the kitchens. People seem to put these nice glass finished wood floors in kitchen. Refrigerator has a problem and of course they leave the s.o.b full and expect you to pull it out. Hell, just the wheels will scratch it, and you put something under them and it slips and leaves a scuff mark.  I've been thinking about getting a disclaimer for some of these.

Does anyone here ever use a disclaimer?

I have a policy to never move anything on a floor without some floor protection down. I have about 20 pieces of 3/16" masonite board with 1/8" rubberized foam glued to the back in my truck at all times.  They are all 4 feet long and in widths of 25", 20", 16" and 12". Whatever sized area I have to work in with those different sized boards I have I can cover the area with no overlaps to get in the way of sliding things around. With the rubberized foam layer on the back it cushions the floor and keeps them from sliding around. If there is any dirt or something sharp on the floor, that foam layer will "capture" it and not imbed it in soft wood or scratch the floor finish. Not only does it save me from paying for floors, but it shows the customer you care about their home.

As long as I've been doing this I've paid for two floors and both times the damage I caused was due to me being lazy. That was back in my early days and it learned me real quick it sucks to have to spend $1200 to fix a floor for a refrigerator repair I profited $150 on. The other time I tore some lino and for that I had to give the guy  a $300 check and fix the washer for free.

#28 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,953 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

http://www.repaircli...nce/93001/12914

Work like a charm... most of the time.

Those work great for ranges.  For other jobs, like removing a dishwasher and laying it on its back or head to do a repair, I use these mats:  https://www.amazon.c...FHA1PXW1H6K5EB

#29 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Those work great for ranges.  For other jobs, like removing a dishwasher and laying it on its back or head to do a repair, I use these mats:  https://www.amazon.c...FHA1PXW1H6K5EB

I use these mats also.   They selling them at Northern Tool & equipment 4 pack for under $15, some times at a tent sale for around $6.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#30 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

I bring a moving blanket with me for dishwasher and bottom freezer jobs. Joke with resident about how these jobs sometimes take a long time and I get cranky if I miss my nap...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics