Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Frigidare Front Loader Gremlins

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_FCWood_*

Lurker_FCWood_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:56 PM

I have a frigidare front loader, model #41739012890 that is about 6 yrs old.  As of this morning it has decided not to spin or drain, and as of this afternoon it now only operates in the wash mode, (i.e. left and right action in the tub. ) I guess this is good since it tells me that the belt is working and the motor is operating in both directions.   As I played with it today I did get it to sping on the delicate mode but all the water did not drain out.  I shut of the breaker to the washer in hope of re-setting somthing electronic and now I can not get the washer do do anthing but operate in the wash mode. 

I looked on other web sites for proable causes and feel the spin control board or timer switch could be the problem.  Should I be looking at anything else?

Help!!!!:yikes:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 May 2005 - 02:12 PM

Pull the wire harness off the speed control board and check for corroded or burnt connections. The tech sheet located inside the washer gives a detailed procedure for testing both the motor and the speed control board. I recommend that you not cut corners on these tests.

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:42 PM

I would say, "Check for a plugged up pump first".....

If the water doesn't drain out it's never going to spin. Take the lower panel off and remove pump and check for coins or other debri plugging pump and or drain hose.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:41 AM

Very true, Willie.  Fro some reason, I thought the washer was draining on some cycles but not spinning on any of them.  Re-reading the post, I see that this was the late-night blearies kicking in. 

FC, the pump is in front, just behind the quarter panel:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics