Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

WalterG7712

frontload bearing kit for whirlpool or frigidaire

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to replace the bearings on the whirlpool duet series or others that say the only way is to replace the outer tub.  I have done several of the Maytag neptunes.  Doesnt look to different if the parts are available.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Usually on both machines the inner wash basket support will be scored and pitted and may even be broken at the welds. Better to just replace the outer tub so you can inspect the inner wash basket support or "spider" as they call it.

I don't think you can buy the seals desperate, so changes the bearing by themselves would do no good. They would just right out again. Plus, like Scott said the drum needs inspected as well.

Aftermarket bearings and seal? I would hate to go through all that work and have them fail prematurely. After market parts... Yuck!!!

You can find the bearing and seal kits on Ebay and this site, (http://www.yellowvanhandyman.com/washerrepair.aspx) has lots of good info and complete bearing and seal kits for most all models.

Thanks I will check this out.

Most of the bearing issues I've had, the customer hears the part cost of over 300, and says they will buy new. Hate to see an otherwise good machine go to the landfill.

I do check the spiders and inside the drum, if they are interested in the repair.