Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Range HDI7282U/07

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bingbing

Bingbing

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Samuel Smiths Taddy Porter

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

Sensei,

I have a gas stove top left front  burner that occasionally ignites (sparks) as the knob is turned. Lights fine with a match and I get a spark if the other knobs are turned.

The burner base and electrode are free of gunk, but the issue persists. I also filed the flame spreader.  The remaining three burners spark just fine and ignite normally as their corresponding knobs are turned.

I probably will need to replacing the spark harness and was looking for a Bosch service manual or instructions on removing the top and front panel. I understand the harness replacement is straight forward  once i have access. I have replaced the front  panel of a Jenn Air gas slide in downdraft range and believe the Bosch is similar.

Arigato

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

How's the Switch on that Burner Valve ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Bingbing

Bingbing

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Thanks fo the reply. The gas portion of the valve is functioning. However, the electrical switch is only providing a burner spark about 10% of the time.

The other three burner switches work fine. It seems the switch might have gotten wet. I understande I would need to replace the harness. I was seeking clarification on removing the front panel and replacing the harness.

If there is an option to replace just the switch please let me know.

Regards

#4 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

I just did one yesterday Front panel is held in place with 2 screws at right and left sides.remove back panel reach in from the back as your helper passes the wire harness through the opening in the front. Fish the replacement harness under the cooktop and reconnect wires to the spark mod and the main terminal block, red wire terminal. peice of cake.20-30 minutes tops.

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#5 Bingbing

Bingbing

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Thanks very much ! I'll give it a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics