Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mrcheapskate

Maytag dishwasher MDB7100AWB doesn't wash or drain

3 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag dishwasher model MDB7100AWB that does not wash or drain.

The dishwasher will start, fill & run through the complete cycle but no washing or drain.

There are no "motor sounds" while in the wash or drain cycles so I'm assuming a bad pump.

I've been working away from home 12/6's so I have 1 day per week at home so I didn't have time to pull the unit out & do some "prodding" with my volt meter.

Here's my question that maybe one of experts experience may be able to help me with a "coin flip" decision.

Are the odds high for having a bad pump & order it to hopefully install this weekend? (I do have a few extra days due to Thanksgiving holiday)  

OR

does your experience say do some more trouble shooting, odds are possibly a different faulty (cheaper?) component?  

I'm not looking for an exact diagnosis, maybe just a little help with my "coin flip"  

My biggest dilemma at the moment is that 'you know who' want's her dishwasher fixed or a new one sooner rather than later.

This is the 1st problem we've had with this dishwasher. Beyond this, it's been great.

Thanks for the great forum & the help of all you experts who take the time to help an appliance novice live me.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

See if you're getting power to the motor:  120vac Blue to Gray during washer, Blue to Red during drain.  

If you're getting voltage to the motor but the motor ain't running, well, you know the name o' dat tune:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pump-and-Motor-Assembly/6915416/1469473

See if you're getting power to the motor:  120vac Blue to Gray during washer, Blue to Red during drain.  

If you're getting voltage to the motor but the motor ain't running, well, you know the name o' dat tune:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pump-and-Motor-Assembly/6915416/1469473

A belated thanks to you Mr. Samurai for your response.

Problem solved... kind of.

Got the ole bat a new dishwasher for Christmas.

For the record I wasn't getting power to the motor.

Looks like motor power comes off the circuit board in the door & looked like a pretty simple circuit board.

Being an old-timer electronic tech it probably wouldn't be to difficult to map out the circuit board but the main obstacle to doing that is time.

Now I need to find something fun to do with the motor.