Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 90 Plus Series Washer Model #110.28932790...Flood

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jonymoe

jonymoe

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Light Lime

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Searched the boards and didn't see this one... everybody else has problems with it filling.  Mine won't quit filling!  So, I now have sheetrock, etc. ripped out due to the flood.  She's been a good washing machine and I hate to scrap her, but she can't do me like this again.  What would keep the machine from shutting off when it reaches the correct water level?  I'm guessing it's the water level fill switch (W10339326).  Is that correct and is there anything else I should check? Thanks!

Also, should probably add:

After the machine flooded, I ran cycle again to make sure it wasn't a one time occurence... it wasn't.  It does shut off from the timer know though, I don't have to close the water supply valve or unplug the machine. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yes, most likely the pressure switch or the pressure hose is clogged or has a leak in it. Remove cabinet to inspect hose which runs from the air dome on the lower right side of the tub up to the switch. With cabinet off and washer empty, disconnect hose from air dome, set washer to fill. Blowing into hose, you should hear a click in the switch and water should shut off.

Eric

http://www.repaircli...0339326/1658886

http://www.repaircli...e/353244/537093

Edited by fairbank56, 25 November 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#3 jonymoe

jonymoe

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thanks so much!  I'll give it a shot.

#4 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Might want to make sure the fill valve is closing if you don't find the others to not be the problem.

You can check by setting the water level to low and taking a meter and see if the valve is still getting voltage when the water rises above half a tub full.

When the voltage turns off so should the valve.

http://www.repaircli...er=110.28932790

Water-Inlet-Valve-3357901-00870628.jpg

Edited by tpoindexter, 25 November 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Test

#5 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

He said it does shut off when turning timer off or unplugging machine so I think the valve is fine.

Eric

#6 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

He said it does shut off when turning timer off or unplugging machine so I think the valve is fine.

Eric

I was reading it from my email and that part wasn't included. guess I need to look at actual post as well.

jonymoe has just posted a new topic entitled "Kenmore 90 Plus Series Washer Model #110.28932790...Flood" in forum "The Laundry Appliance Repair Forum".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Searched the boards and didn't see this one... everybody else has problems with it filling. Mine won't quit filling! So, I now have sheetrock, etc. ripped out due to the flood.     She's been a good washing machine and I hate to scrap her, but she can't do me like this again. What would keep the machine from shutting off when it reaches the correct water level? I'm guessing it's the water level fill switch (W10339326). Is that correct and is there anything else I should check?    Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:
http://mandrillapp.c...5b3c2aaf6878606

Test

#7 jonymoe

jonymoe

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I added the other after my original post so it may not have come across on your email originally.  I do appreciate the help.  It's about time to head to the house and start tearing it apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics