Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag pav2360aww agitates but no spin

agitates no spin broken?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brokenmaytag

brokenmaytag

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:A full glass cold

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

I have a Maytag pav2360AWW Rev 17 the washer fills, will drain,  and will run agitate cycle but when it comes to spinning to drain the clothes out and pump water out the pump runs but does not spin. It continues to agitate.. Have pulled drum out and cked for things blocking or causeing a stoppage, replaced belt and verified that the pulleys on the underside move free in both directions and no sloppy play.. I am guessing either the transmission or timer maybe?? I as my washer am getting agitated..

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MA tech.

MA tech.

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Amstel Light

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Is the complaint the water will not drain? It is possible the shaft of the drain  pump is stripped and not turning the impeller. The pump pulley may well be spinning but not the impellers.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

will drain,  and will run agitate cycle but when it comes to spinning to drain the clothes out and pump water out the pump runs but does not spin. It continues to agitate.. 

Let's do a quick tranny check:

Lean the machine back and remove the belt. Turn the tranny pulley clockwise with your finger in the spoke. You should be able to spin is fast and easy...if not , the tranny is bad. 

If it spins freely then either your motor is bad or its receiving junk voltage from the time during agitation. The motor turns one way to wash and the other for spin. 

#4 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

Sounds like a transmission problem if it is draining the water out and agitating at the same time.

#5 brokenmaytag

brokenmaytag

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:A full glass cold

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Well took the advice, pulled the belt off and turned the transmission input pulley both clockwise and counter clockwise. the agitator shaft pivots but the drum plate stayed in place with no movement. Pulled the motor and ran it thru cycles to make sure it was rotating clockwise and counter by the cycle and that worked fine. I believe that kinda leaves it to be the tranny from the information given here. So now the big decision spend the $275.00 to replace the tranny on a 13 year old machine or spend a few more dollars and buy a new one. The debate is what could go wrong next and the costs there.. The water pump was replaced a few years ago so I guess it is the motor and the timer board are the two remainig itmes..

#6 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

Yeah they are usually not worth reparing  once its a transmission problem with this machine. They used to be a little more reasonably priced several years ago but now its pushing the cost of a new machine to put a transmission in to one. If you don't like the new washers (I hate them) you may consider doing it but as you said there is other things to fail and then what are you going to do when you spent $300 on a transmission and now it needs more repairs in the near future? You won't want to throw the washer away with your new transmission in it.

If you're doing it yourself you will also need to get the brake release tool. It can be done without the tool to save some money, which I can explain how if you're serious about doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics