Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Dishwasher Clean light blinking 7 times

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rican

rican

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Model: 665.13742K603

I did search and found the 2006-2008 links.  Are they still what they should be checked.  There was a video on that chain to troubleshoot, but no longer exists.   Any ideas on where to find it.  Any ideas on where to check first.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yep, same old sh!t.  See my seminal blog post for oodles of kit n' kaboodles:  http://appliantology...ng-seven-times/

#3 rican

rican

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I checked for a service manual for this model and did not find one.  Is there on that is similar?

#4 rican

rican

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Also, some of your trouble shooting require me running the machine. It currenntly won't run.  I should follow the diag test reset on the tech sheet?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Also, some of your trouble shooting require me running the machine. It currenntly won't run. 

Define "won't run."  Examples:

- wash motor gets power but just hums

- wash motor never gets power

- no lights on the control panel

#6 rican

rican

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

The clean light continues to blink. 

Basin is empty of water

Does not look like any water was added to the machine during the cycle when it broke(deterent still at the bottom of washer)

close door and press cancel, you hear a pump run(I think) never seems to stop while the clean light still blinks

Press cancel again and all stop(except blinking)

press start and that light blinks 3 quick time and nothing else happens besides the clean blinking.

Any sugestions on a substitute service manual from your download section?

#7 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hello, my blinking friend.  May I inquire as to why you would need a service manual for this problem?  It would appear that you have chosen not to read our flatulent and tumescent host's eloquent soliloquy which steps your through this exact problem.  Upon what basis, therefore, do you suppose you would benefit from a service manual which contains even more information that you would not read?  

Allahu Akbar!

#8 rican

rican

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

I did read the link above and I not sure what some of these parts that are to be checked look like.

For instance:

2. Heating element not getting voltage. This could be as simple as a loose wire on the heating element or a bad hi-limit thermostat. Or the the heater relay on the control board could be bad, in which case you would replace the control board. Trace the circuit back with your meter and the wiring diagram until you find the missing voltage. 

WHat does the bad hi-limit thermostat look like and when might I find it. 

or

3. No water in the basin! The control can't sense a rise in water temperature if there's no water to heat. Makes sense, right? To check this, start the dishwasher. After it finishes the pump out cycle, listen for the hissing of the water filling. If it's very quiet or silent, then there's a problem with the water fill components: bad water inlet valve or the valve isn't getting voltage. Open the door and check the fill level. Water level should be a finger width below the heating element. If it's less than this, then the water inlet valve has gookus in the inlet screen and should be replaced.

Where is the water inlet valve?

Since I have not taken the unit apart yet I do not know how easy it will be to find and check these things.  I thought if there was a service document to look at in your library then I could go over that first.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

Here's your reading exam-- this is the Job Aid for this model-family of dishwashers:  http://appliantology...washer-job-aid/

#10 rican

rican

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thanks

#11 rican

rican

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

It turned out to be the heating element.  There was what looked like bubbled up section on the old element, but I was still getting a 3 or 4 readind on the OHM meter.  The unit would do the 7 blink error every 3 to 4 loads.  I just bought a new element as the old one was suspect and it was not expensive.  I ran an OHM check on the new element in the box and it read 6 to 7.  So I was not exactly sure I ordered the right part.  I replaced it anyway and when taking out the old element it snapped right at the bubling point.  I have since run the washer 10 to 15 times since and not error. 

Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics