Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG Washer-Dryer Combo won't completely dry clothes

Dry Prob Wont dry properly

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Pitch

Pitch

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

John:
My LG Technical Manual shows a maximum of 96" from finished floor to top of the drain discharge for a combo unit.
My open Y drain connector is only 32 inches in overall height.

It is still however my opinion that more than likely the small amount of water that should be normally passed back into the tub through the anti-siphon hose with the correct orifice restrictor was factored into the original design and engineering of this combo unit.  In other words the anti-siphon and cooling water mist solenoid orifice sizes were both determined in the final construction and manufacturing process in conjunction with the heating element output and total blower output coupled with the thermistors, dry tube and bellows condensate system and the amount of clothes placed in the unit so as to give optimum dry times and results. 

I also feel that this small amount of water returned to the tub through the anti-siphon hose is probably the main reason why the clothes are still slightly damp instead of completely dry after a dry cycle.  I have never had completely dry clothes in the six years I have owned this machine until I disconnected the anti-siphon hose from the tub!!!!!!!!

BOTTOM LINE:
Anything that adversely affects any of these very critical different components that must all function precisely together as designed and engineered will dramatically decrease the ability for this combo unit to dry clothes efficiently and in a timely fashion. 

I WOULD ALWAYS BE HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS THAT THERE IS TOO MUCH WATER IN THE TUB FOR SOME REASON IF YOU HAVE A DRY PROBLEM WITH A COMBO UNIT... 

I have noted that my clothes dry better now than they ever have with the anti-siphon hose plugged and completely disconnected from the tub.  I am not advocating that anyone else do this, but it worked for me.

I am totally happy with my service>>> SMILE>>>and the price was right...(I actually saved over $900.00 from the cheapest estimate with many more new parts than they quoted...to include a new door seal....Here's to all the "do it yourself repair people!"  If there is a well, there is always a way!!!!!Keep coming back to this site, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Pitch

Pitch

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

One last follow-up report.
1.  I have experimented with different size orifices in the anti-siphon system and I have concluded that the dryer works best (Clothes are actually dry with less dry time and not damp after a dry cycle) with the anti-siphon hose completely plugged and disconnected from the tub.
2. If you are having a problem with your combo not drying I would certainly try drying a few loads of clothes without the anti-siphon hose connected to the tub if you have an open drain and no concern for creating a siphon situation problem.
3. Be sure and plug the hose securely after disconnecting from the tub as a substantial amount of water is passed through this hose back into the tub each time the drain pump is energized every 30 seconds during the dry cycle. 

After much time and experimentation, I have concluded this is an inherent problem with all Combo Washer-Dryers that have an anti-siphon return system with a condensate dryer system. 
BOTTOM LINE:

More water in the tub during a dry cycle regardless of the cause(s) equals more dry time required and if the blower fan and heating element are not precisely engineered or are compromised for any reason you can never achieve optimum dry times with completely dry clothes.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics