Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Watch Out for Appliance "Bargains"!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stayathome

stayathome

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:03 PM

Years ago, I decided to replace a microwave given to me and my husband as a "hand-me-down." Hubby, being not too bright about the connection between quality and price, thought that getting a severely off-brand microwave at a store called "Grocery Outlet" was a wonderful idea. I wasn't so sure when I saw it, but went ahead for the sake of marital stability.

Within a couple of months, it did something really funky: it was on, but there was no fan running. It seemed really dangerous to me, so I did the logical thing. I threw the POS out and chose to replace it with a name-brand bought at Costco. When I told hubby about it, he got angry that I spent so much money on a microwave when the other one was only $20. Then I said that I was not going to buy any more cheap crap just because it's cheap.

It is true that you get what you pay for. If you don't know who exactly made an appliance, don't buy it!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Poobah

Poobah

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:30 AM

Don't expect to get the ride of a Cadillac, whilst buying a Cavalier. Yes to a certain degree you get what you pay for. the bad part with most Americans is that we will purchase things because of price rather than by a better quality.(purchasing a $5 coffee pot at dollar general that will last 2-3 months or buy a $89 Bunn that will last 5-10 years they both make coffee but for how long and at what expense)  If people would do alittle research before spending their hard earned money they would see that cheapest is not always best,  nor is the most expensive. The majority of people that come in my store to purchase Appliances(I'm a small independent) want the least expensive that you have, what they think will just get them by till they save up alittle more money to buy a better one (actual customers words). Make a list of the features that you want your new product to have, and  that are most important to you.  Then do alittle leg work by checking prices online(usually cheaper) and you will alot of times see past purchasers ratings of an item, or a consumer report study.  Armed with all this knowledge you will be able to make a purchase and get your moneys worth and you will get a product that will service Your needs, and not just what is on sale at the local  S..rs, Lo..s, H..e De..t, or what the sales person happens to be pushing this week to meet their quota or %
This is the DAY that the LORD has made, REJOICE and be glad in it.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics