Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Buckeye310

Kenmore VMW will not go into final spin

21 posts in this topic

I was working on a kenmore 110.21102011 vmv that would not go into final spin. It would work in automatic and manual test mode. I would the run a regular cycle and it would spin after the wash but then it would start to fill again and the cycle indicator would still say wash. It would then drain and fill again this time the lid lock would be flashing and it would only fill for a few seconds and then drain. It filled again this time with the lid lock off and the indicator light in rinse. It would then drain and the indicator would read spin, lid lock off and just sit there with no movement. I did the lid lock test in the tech sheet and the F7E1 test and they all seem ok. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Did you do the F7E1 test because that was the one stored in the control?

Had same problem check the two wires coming from capacitor anyway rite before you get to where the red roll of wire is there is an attachment to hold this wires together i have found on different occasions that either one of this wires is broken and no continuity. belive me for some reason they tightened this plastic tie down so tight that it breakes the wire on the inside. i repaired the white one and then on another occasion the red wire. keep me posted please

Yes, that was the complaint and I found that fault in the controller

Brother greg is onto something.  There's a service pointer out on this error code and one of the things to check is that wire loop (which, BTW, has been discontinued in current production VMW models because it was so problematic).  

Pointer and video are here:  http://appliantology.org/files/file/1042-whirlpool-vm-washer-f7e1-service-pointer-and-training-video/

I'll check that out and keep you posted

Ok, I went through all of the things on the bulletin. And replaced the board. Started the calibration mode and it goes through it until the spin part of the calibration and stops and the lid lock starts flashing. So I change the lid lock and do another calibration and it does the same thing. Large tufts of my hair are falling out right now.

Anytime it try's to go into spin whether it's during manual test, automatic test, calibration or just running a cycle it will start to rev up then lid lock will flash and it will shut down.

sounds like a bad speed sensor to me, i replace this part alot for the speed sensor issue as well as the actuator portion failing.

1 person likes this

Do you have a part number on that speed sensor, Brother sh2?

Buuuut. When the customer runs a drain and spin it works : /

speed sensor is the same part as the actuator,

Do you have a part number on that speed sensor, Brother sh2?

w10006355

Buuuut. When the customer runs a drain and spin it works : /

If the board is new, and the harness checks out good this is all thats left, i replace the speed sensor/actuator more then any other part on this machine

W10006355 just ordered it.

Ah, the shift actuator. That was the component the instructor pointed out as the most common problem in the video I linked you to. Did you watch it?

Part link to the shift actuator: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Shift-Actuator/W10006355/1719787

yeah the part is listed as shift actuator but the basket speed sensor is also part of it

Yes, I did check for the 13vdc on pins 4 and 5, had it and I also did the techometer test and it passed that. I'll try the shifter as soon as I get it in. I just don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about it. Only because it passed the shifter test in the tech sheet.

I am open to anything at this point. Just want to make the customer happy.

Yes, I did check for the 13vdc on pins 4 and 5, had it and I also did the techometer test and it passed that. I'll try the shifter as soon as I get it in. I just don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about it. Only because it passed the shifter test in the tech sheet.

i have had this before.  pass's all tests but give symptoms you are reporting, new "speedsensor"/shift actuator fixes problem.

Well that did the trick. Replaced the shifter and its working now. Take the tech sheet and burn it. Any way, I have a good stock of parts for the next VMW that run into. I want to thank all of you for helping me out on this one!

found it easier to just replaced lower wire harness faster than tracking down a short

found it easier to just replaced lower wire harness faster than tracking down a short

But, in this case, he replaced a defective mode shifter and that fixed it.  Are you saying that replacing the wire harness would have also fixed the problem, Brother mark mac?