Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F3 = FMe

GE F3

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:AD Haze, Iron Cruellar

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

GE wall oven has constant F3 code.

Model # JKP17WOP3WG

Serial # RH6541800

Unit is an oven, convection oven, broiler.

Oven was working and then shut off while baking.  Restarted, but over 2 week span became unreliable.  Went F3 one day, beeped every 10 seconds or so and wouldn't stop until I killed power.  I then pulled boards, checked for the obvious and put them back.  Only F3 now without the beep.  Nothing works!  Tell me everything, oh Wise One and I shall make you proud, or a Bundt cake, whichever comes first.

Arigato,

Mr. Lee Fix

Someone once said that one million monkeys, typing on one million typewriters would eventually be able to produce a work of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the internet, we know that's not true!

Edited by Mr. Lee Fix, 07 December 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Most likely a bad oven sensor.

Should read 1100 ohms at room temperature.

#3 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

I shall test the resistance of the sensor and report as soon as I figure out the best way to do so.  Any ideas?  I'll be looking for location, etc.

Mr. Lee Fix

#4 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

I shall test the resistance of the sensor and report as soon as I figure out the best way to do so. Any ideas? I'll be looking for location, etc.

Mr. Lee Fix

Option A. Test at the control board.
Option B. Remove sensor prob and test at quick disconnect.

Option A is more reliable but requires you to access controled area, which increases the chance you'll damage the controler/wiring

Option B needed to be done if you are changing the part.
Good Luck!
MicaBay

Edited by micabay, 07 December 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Your new oven sensor:  http://www.repaircli...B21X5301/252618

#6 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

micabay,

Thank you for the advice and I might as well pull the part.  I've got good, steady hands, but it may be bad after all.

Will report when done.

And remember kids, disconnect the power first.

Mr. Lee Fix

#7 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

...and thank you as well, Oh Inebriated One (Juan for our Spanish members).  This is what I found, and while the movie wasn't much on plot, it was skillfully directed.

Mr. Lee Fix

#8 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Ok.  So the probe tests bad, but it didn't have a quick disconnect so I snipped the two wires that attached to it at the high temp wire nuts and  did the test.  The oven was off, but I didn't remove the probe.  I repeated the test several times because it tested so badly...kind of like an 8th grade student.  I ordered the part from Repair Clinic (I don't like the crowd at Appliance Zone... talk to Jor-El as I think he was involved with it).  Now, that it's here, how do I disassemble whatever is necessary to install it?  I have my thoughts, but I feel better checking.  Are there any manuals, diagrams, nearby voluntary repair persons?  Ok, the manual will suffice.

Thak you,

Mr. Lee Fix

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

it didn't have a quick disconnect so I snipped the two wires that attached to it at the high temp wire nuts 

There were ceramic wire nuts already in the probe wire harness?  Sounds like this probe may have been replaced before.  

You would just splice the new probe into those two wires (presumably) sticking into the oven cell.  

If different, please post a photo or two.  

#10 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

The two thin wires leading to the probe were attached to the main unit wires with crimp type, transparent silicone (?) wire nuts with metal band cores (the nuts looked like nipples). I snipped the probe wires close to the nuts and tested the leads from the probe and only got a reading of 1using a digital multi-meter.  I understand the splicing part, but am wondering the best procedure for removing the probe without disassembling half of the unit.  It is very difficult to see a clear path in which to progress.  Any ideas or pictures? Hint:  Manual?   Hmmm, it appears to be put in through the outer side rear of the cabinet, so moving some insulation should reveal the attachment points...I hope. 

Muchos arigatos Fermented Juan,

Mr. Lee Fix

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

Nope, I asked you first: need to see photos of what you're looking at. Then we'll talk about manuals.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GE, F3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics