Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

question

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

I have the Ideal strippers that are sort of like those .They do a great job but they are heavy.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:The Mrs.' homemade limeade. Served over crushed ice. Summertime classic.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

OK I think I got it now.  Like what was said in my previous post:

Here's my carry-in. Flashlight is a Fenix LD22 - super bright (not shown keep in my pocket) !  Special tools kept in truck.  Also use a Fieldpiece HS36 True RMS meter for those head-scratchers.

100_4712600x800_zps9d5cbffb.jpg

100_4715800x600_zps8a0cc090.jpg

100_4714800x600_zps5684fa83.jpg

Dig in and the truth shall be revealed.

I think this will work. I once saw it on a cartoon.

Or, on the other hand.....

Troubleshooting the appliance's complex electro-mechanical systems is the methodology in which one must, by using analyitical techniques and the process of elimination, determine the cause or causes of a specific failure. Rarely does this cause of a failure directly present itself for you to see.

So.....

To be better equipped to troubleshoot, you will need:

1.) To follow this: Safety first and foremost. Trust your instincts.
2.) Basic hand tools.
3.) A decent DVOM meter. Buy one. Borrow one. You need one.
4.) Last, but certainty not least, common sense. Most of us have it. Slow down and use it.

Now, let's have some fun!

ZIG:
Hope is the power that gives a person the confidence to step out and try.
Success is the maximum utilization of the ability you have.

N.M.:
It always seems impossible until it's done.

#23 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Christmas is coming........Still got that new, unused  C.L.C. tool bag for sale .........Yes, fellow techs, Just like the one so skillfully illustrated by the Grand Samurai's video..........Still sitting on the shelf over my left shoulder, still collecting dust..............Yes, wishfultech, you too can be included in the tool ranks of the most skilled Master Techs' there are in the industry.............I think I am down to 80 clams plus shipping for this wonderful, useful, all around crowd pleaser of a tool bag.......See " tool bag search" for more info................. .

#24 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

I did buy the smaller version of the back pack and decided it was not for me.Thanks for offering though.I gave mine to a friend and I think he likes it o k Looks like Beam Current carries a nice selection of tools.I have the HS36 meter also and the SC45 too.

#25 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

My Arsenel, normally only paying customers get to see this.

Closed up.

https://www.dropbox....Ready to go.jpg

Top Pallet

https://www.dropbox..../Top Pallet.JPG

Middle Pallet

https://www.dropbox....ddle Pallet.JPG

Bottom Pallet

https://www.dropbox....ttom Pallet.JPG

Under Bottom Pallet

Contents under Bottom Pallet

I tried inserting these into the post but got a mesege stating they were to big.  So if a Moderator knows how to bring them to size, please feel free to edit my post with actual pictures instead of links.

Edited by Spannerwrench, 13 December 2013 - 04:40 PM.

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#26 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

Shithot, Brother Spanner!  Out-frikkin-standing!   :rocker:

#27 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Here's my carry-in.

A beautiful arrangement, Brother beam!  Like listening to a maestro's composition at a symphony.   :dazzler:

BTW, I carry the same IR gun (keep the better one in the car) and carry those same pair of Klein wire strippers.  Looks like you use the same Radio Shack micro lead set as me, too.  

Is that the Skil battery driver?  Brother Durham turned me on to that.  Getting one of those for Christmas from someone (as yet unknown to me) in my family.  

I have that same little inspection mirror but found that it's too small to be of much use.  I had a bigger one that was self lighting but it broke.  (I had to retire the Mac mirror shown in my video).  

#28 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   43.05KB   0 downloads

Attached File  image.jpg   109.59KB   0 downloads
"Suds are not good"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#29 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:The Mrs.' homemade limeade. Served over crushed ice. Summertime classic.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

A beautiful arrangement, Brother beam!  Like listening to a maestro's composition at a symphony.   :dazzler:

BTW, I carry the same IR gun (keep the better one in the car) and carry those same pair of Klein wire strippers.  Looks like you use the same Radio Shack micro lead set as me, too.  

Is that the Skil battery driver?  Brother Durham turned me on to that.  Getting one of those for Christmas from someone (as yet unknown to me) in my family.  

I have that same little inspection mirror but found that it's too small to be of much use.  I had a bigger one that was self lighting but it broke.  (I had to retire the Mac mirror shown in my video).  

Thanks.  The IR gun was a smokin' deal @ Sears.  Used my points and bought it for around $20 >>>>> nice compact thermo.

I started using Klein strippers when working in the general aviation industry back in the late 90's.  Working in small, cramped quarters i.e. airplanes, appliances and AC units, these work great.

Yes, the Radio Shack test leads are the same.  This awesome site turned me onto those, thanks to you and our fellow brethern.

No, not Skil.  It's an old LI3000 Black and Decker 3.6v.  Had it for years and it just keeps going !

BTW, just picked up the Ryobi TEK4 4.0v from HD - now $30.  See it here:

http://www.homedepot...P53LK/202351930

One of my favorite tools is that little set of crimpers (same pic as IR gun, bottom row second in from left).  They are Craftsman, Made in USA, and work AWESOME.  I believe the Craftsman brand is NLA, but it is made by KD Tools and you can buy online.

What makes it nice is the crimp die is at the end of the tool instead of in the middle, like some of the larger crimper-stripper combo. 

Standing on your ear, reaching way in and then your light starts flickering, nothing pisses you off more than cutting into a nearby harness when making the critical crimp.  Not that that never happened before.  :whistling:

Troubleshooting the appliance's complex electro-mechanical systems is the methodology in which one must, by using analyitical techniques and the process of elimination, determine the cause or causes of a specific failure. Rarely does this cause of a failure directly present itself for you to see.

So.....

2.) Basic hand tools.
4.) Last, but certainty not least, common sense. Most of us have it. Slow down and use it.

ZIG:

N.M.:

#30 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Closed up.

https://www.dropbox....Ready to go.jpg

Top Pallet

https://www.dropbox..../Top Pallet.JPG

Middle Pallet

https://www.dropbox....ddle Pallet.JPG

Bottom Pallet

Under Bottom Pallet

Contents under Bottom Pallet

I tried inserting these into the post but got a mesege stating they were to big.  So if a Moderator knows how to bring them to size, please feel free to edit my post with actual pictures instead of links.

Hey Spanner,  incredible setup.

Question please, in the "Contents under Bottom Pallet" pic, what is the tool directly to the left of your Bosch driver?  Contact extraction tool, cap tube tool, or ?????

So.....

2.) Basic hand tools.

ZIG:

N.M.:

#31 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

It's a tool for removing pin various pin connections.  It will fit every Sub Zero and Wolf connecter, that's who gave it to me.  But it also works on many others.

"Suds are not good"

#32 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

You all don't want to see my tool bag. I straightened it up some but it was a huge mess when I worked at Sears. I have the veto tech lc bag. I need to get some new tools because I gave quite a few to Sears when I left due to the fact I lost so many of theirs. To many days running around like a chicken with my head cutoff. :)

#33 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

I just use, duck tape, bailing wire, silicone, and a pair of pliars for the wire..  I'll get yall a picture of them magical tools as soon as i get some more film for my camera..

#34 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

does nobody carry a hammer??

#35 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

I do.   Have a 6" claw,  A massa, Rubber/plastic mallot, 16'" Ball peen, & a BFH.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#36 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

does nobody carry a hammer??

I carry a 10" 'Cats Paw'. It's heavy enough to smack a nail in and long (and stiff) enough to use as a pry bar to lift a fridge or washer corner to spin a leg out easily. ( http://www.amazon.co...words=cat's paw

Edited by olyteddy, 15 December 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#37 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

I am still trying to get SAMURAI.....  To give us the name of those small, hose ring pliars,  He gave a name for them but I cannot find them any where.

I dont want a big long handle pair, want a short pair like the boss...  Not even sure what the technical, names are of them dang double split ring clamps.

I have found that a pair of angled nosed, needle nose pliars works pretty good, at getting most of them off..

NAME ON THE PLIARS AND ANY SOURCE PLEASE SIR   thank you.

#38 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

I believe the identity of those pliers is going to remain a well guarded secret.Perhaps a Christmas present? I mean a fella cant just go around giving out info like that,can he?I am sure there are a lot of techs sitting on the edge of their seats right now!

#39 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

I can't find 'em any more.  The company may have gone out if bidness.  But any good pair of hose clamp pliers will do, like these:  https://www.amazon.c...CARNHBGDBRPCW4

#40 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

I carry they same one. You can see them in the top pallet pic along with a set of hose crimp (radiator) pliers. The only difference is mine don't have the red grips. Here's the crimp pliers.
http://www.amazon.co..._sbs_4?pi=SS115
"Suds are not good"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics