Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

question

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Those hose ring pliers pay for them the first time you have to clean the coin trap on a Frigidaire front loader.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#42 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

Those hose ring pliers pay for them the first time you have to clean the coin trap on a Frigidaire front loader.

That's ezzzzzacly why I bought 'em in the first place.  After struggling one time for 10 minutes to get that suction boot back on, I thought there had to be a tool for that because I know they had to be screwing with other techs, too.   

#43 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Went to our Sears and saw a pair of wire strippers like Applianceman97 has made by IRWIN. They strip cut and crimp 10-24 gauge wire. $19.95 doesn't seem too bad. Does anyone have these? I'd like to know how they hold up.I doubt they are as good as the older ones but they might be worth it.

#44 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have one from sears.  it replaced one that was handed down from my father.  It dated back to the 1950's.   Only reason I replaced it was that it disappeared.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#45 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Sorry someone took yours.I have a few tools that I have had a long time.I try to keep up with them and so far I have not ever had any thing taken.I used to work as an electrician in a plant and I took my tools home every day.I guess that's being kinda silly but I just didn't trust some of the people that were there on shift.I think the people I am around now have too much respect for me than to take my tools.I hope someday you find your Dads wire strippers.

#46 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,811 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

My grandpa gave me mine. Thought I lost them the other day... Had a slight panic attack. (Found them in my back pocket)

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#47 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

Beam, I see those crimpers offered as a set on e----you say they are made by K-D tools? I have looked and can't find them.

#48 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:The Mrs.' homemade limeade. Served over crushed ice. Summertime classic.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Are they the Craftsman set?  The KD set does not have the black grips on them, just the red grips.  I bought the KD set because I did not see them for sale at the local Sears anymore.  And I use them alot.

Let me look in my files and I'll post where I bought them later tonight.

Gonna be somewhat of a busy day today..... it's my youngest son's 14th birthday. :yes:  Awesome kid !!!!!

I think this will work. I once saw it on a cartoon.

Or, on the other hand.....

Troubleshooting the appliance's complex electro-mechanical systems is the methodology in which one must, by using analyitical techniques and the process of elimination, determine the cause or causes of a specific failure. Rarely does this cause of a failure directly present itself for you to see.

So.....

To be better equipped to troubleshoot, you will need:

1.) To follow this: Safety first and foremost. Trust your instincts.
2.) Basic hand tools.
3.) A decent DVOM meter. Buy one. Borrow one. You need one.
4.) Last, but certainty not least, common sense. Most of us have it. Slow down and use it.

Now, let's have some fun!

ZIG:
Hope is the power that gives a person the confidence to step out and try.
Success is the maximum utilization of the ability you have.

N.M.:
It always seems impossible until it's done.

#49 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yea my son's 10 and he's all about some Santa Clause!

#50 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:The Mrs.' homemade limeade. Served over crushed ice. Summertime classic.

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

Hi wish, Merry Christmas !

Here's what I found:

Part #'s on the individual KD Tools:  Crimper 3794-73  Stripper 3794-72  Cutter 3794-71

Google KD Tools 3794.

Wayfair.com thru Walmart.com has them in stock $41.

On eb*y, the set is still available $35.95 plus $5.99 S&H.

autotoolworld.com has them $36.56 (search:  KD Tools 3794 3 Pc. Mini Cutter, Stripper, and Crimper Kit)

I'm fairly certain the Craftsman branded set is NLA.  But these are them, without the black grips Sears put on them.

I hope this is the info you were looking for.  Let me know if you have anymore questions.

KD3794_zps072a1d9a.jpg

I think this will work. I once saw it on a cartoon.

Or, on the other hand.....

Troubleshooting the appliance's complex electro-mechanical systems is the methodology in which one must, by using analyitical techniques and the process of elimination, determine the cause or causes of a specific failure. Rarely does this cause of a failure directly present itself for you to see.

So.....

To be better equipped to troubleshoot, you will need:

1.) To follow this: Safety first and foremost. Trust your instincts.
2.) Basic hand tools.
3.) A decent DVOM meter. Buy one. Borrow one. You need one.
4.) Last, but certainty not least, common sense. Most of us have it. Slow down and use it.

Now, let's have some fun!

ZIG:
Hope is the power that gives a person the confidence to step out and try.
Success is the maximum utilization of the ability you have.

N.M.:
It always seems impossible until it's done.

#51 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for all the info.Right now I am checking out my new Kobalt Hyper Light and this thing is the bomb!I can think of a million times this would come in handy.I think even the Samurai would think this is cool!I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas too!

#52 acfixerdude

acfixerdude

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lagunitas IPA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

I gave up on the Frigidaire spring clamps long ago... I use my channel-locks or other pliers to take them off and then replace the damn thing with a screw clamp. So much easier :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics