Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Skinnerback

Samsung Washer 3E error

2 posts in this topic

I have a Samsung top load washer, Model# WA422PRHDWR.  I recently started getting 3E errors occasionally shortly after starting a wash cycle.  The manual says the error means the motor isn't working properly, Samsung's website says it means a motor or hall sensor error.  I'm assuming the first step would be to try replacing the hall sensor, but wondering if anyone has any other thoughts or advice.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Ahh, the infamous Samsung top loader. I gotta tell ya, pilgrim, I hate these HE top loaders. Every last one of 'em, regardless of brand or model. Top loaders just don't do nearly as good a job washing the clothes in an HE (meaning low water use) environment as the front loaders do. But people buy them usually because they're cheaper than front loaders. But they're all finnicky and cheaply made.

Okay, off the soap box now.

First thing to do with any appliance that has an electronic control, especially Samsungs, is to talk to the control and retrieve the error code history. The last five will be stored there. You'll need the fasttrack manual to do this and I don't have one for this model, made one of the other Brethren can provide.

These Samsung toploaders are famous for wire harness problems. Start by checking and/or replacing the wiring harness, P/N DC93-00312B