Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

SteveCTRepair

Asko Washer W6221 - No Cycles Run

3 posts in this topic

My Asko W6221 washer won't start any cycles - you can hear a click like it is about to start, but then nothing happens. I happen to have two W6221 models in my house (the other one is in my in-law's section), so I swapped the main board between the two to see if that made any difference. My board worked fine in the other washer and the other board did not work in my washer. That seems to indicate it is something other than the main board. My next step is to do a best guess scenario by ordering several parts (from Repair Clinic) and do some part swapping. I'm thinking of the timer board (#8061756), Pressure Switch (#8061664), and other Pressure Switch (#8064275). If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Edited by SteveCTRepair

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks for this advice. The machine was purchased in 2001, so that may be a good guess. This ought to be an interesting experience for me, though, as I've never extracted a motor from a washer before. Based on the diagram, I'm going to try putting it up on blocks (like a car) to get to the motor.