Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

What are "Warning Points"

Cactus Bob

Sorry if this is not the place to post this . but .... What are Warning Points , this is something i have never seen before

it looks like we can only see our own

so what are they , how do we get them , how do we get rid of them if we get them , do they expire on there own

what's the deal , please fill me in , thanks

• Team Samurai

Great question, Brother Bob. I was wondering when someone would ax about this.

The unfortunately-named "Warning points" are used when special instruction is given to a member regarding best use practices in the forums. Special instructions could be on things like starting multiple topics on the same problem, posting a topic in the wrong forum, hijacking someone else's topic, etc. In these cases, a moderator will give special instructions to the member on these issues. The member simply needs to acknowledge the instruction by clicking a box-- no written reply or discussion is necessary. But a member is always welcome to initiate a discussion via private message.

I wish they had called them "Instruction Points" or "Tutor Sessions" because that's really how they're used. There is no punitive aspect to "warning points." They do NOT affect your membership privileges in any way. There is no magic number that you accumulate in a certain period of time and then sudden death befalls you. And they automagically go away after 30 days.

OTOH, say a member gets an instruction for the same exact same problem four times in a week. Well, Houston, we have a situation. Maybe we're dealing with someone who rode the short bus to school. Maybe the member has their butt on their shoulders about something. Maybe they sniffed a little too much model airplane glue back in the day. Whatever it is, there's something going on with that person and there's a discussion that needs to take place.

I'm thinking some groups should be exempt from the "warning" system: Academy Fellows and Sublime Masters for sure. Reason being is that members in these groups have been around here long enough to know how to roll in a forum. In fact, Imma make that change now, hang on....

Okay, I'm back.

Anyone else have any questions about this?

• Like 1

Short Buss to school?? I walked in the snow for miles, by the time I got there I had to turn back, missed all classes.    LOL

sorry had to put that in

Edited by dimitri77565

can this explanation or some form of it be posted in the general or students forum as well. It would great to link that post when warning.

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

Great idea, Brother Durham! I was thinking the Orientation forum would be a good home for this topic. And then pin it so it stays at the top. I'll do that now.

• Like 1

Short Buss to school?? I walked in the snow for miles, by the time I got there I had to turn back, missed all classes.

It was Saturday:whistling:

Edited by RegUS_PatOff
  • Like 3

I once attempted to swim across lake superior. I got half way and decided that I couldn't make it so I swam back. :woot:

• Like 2

I once attempted to swim across lake superior. I got half way and decided that I couldn't make it so I swam back. :woot:

Well just think, you are at least smarter than the guys that swam 3/4 of the way before turning back.

• Like 1