Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Indesit 1263W

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zeno

Zeno

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:08 PM

My Indesit 1263W washing machine (bought and used in the UK) is broken. The concrete weigh on it has fallen off, and now when it starts the fan belt keeps falling off.

The weight broke in two parts and fell off. I suppose that must be the reason why the belt keeps on falling off the motor.

How can I repair it?  Do I need to stick the concrete weight back on?  If so, how can I do that?  Do I just buy some concrete and wire mesh and repair the weigh with that or should I try to make a new weight. Is there anything else that can be used to stick the broken weight back together?

Apart from that and the shocking noise it makes when spinning, I don't have a problem with it. I can't afford to call a repair man nor buy a new maching. When I become rich and get a new machine it will certainly be a direct drive model. Fan belt machines are rubbish.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kwatt

kwatt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:40 AM

Hi Zeno,

You'll need a new weight, they are formed and a repair will simply shake to bits with the vibration, especially if it's on a wooden floor. As it's not weighted correctly the machine's tub group will be bouncing about inside and this could cauuse *SEVERE* internal damage, so best stop using it eh? That's what the horrendous noise is you're hearing and, most likely, why the belt is jumping off.

If you're stuck for a supplier try emailing Dave on spares@ukwhitegoods.co.uk and he'll sort out a weight for you, but bear in mind that Indesit aren't the most helpful company on the face of the planet.

Also, direct drive machines, such as the LG (the only one availabel in the UK to my knowledge) have their own fair share of issues, not least being premature bearing failures and they ain't cheap to fix either.

Hope that helps.

K.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics