Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Benhameen

GE Hydrowave stuck in spin cycle

14 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have a GE hydrowave  top load washer that's about a year old. Recently it has become stuck on the spin cycle, it will run completely thru this cycle but when I go to run it again it starts back up in the spin cycle.

I took the front panel off and checked the blinking light on the motor, it indicates that there is no problem, steady blinking light just like the trouble shooting guide I found says.

I have tried numerous different resets for the control panel, I did unplug it before each of the attempted resets.

1. started the dial at 9oclock turned it 180 degrees with the start button held down, and nothing its right back to the spin cycle.

2. started the dial at 12oclock and spun it 6 times, nothing its right back to the spin cycle.

I also did the lid reset, unplugging/plugging back in after a minute, opening and closing the lid 6x (I believe) within 12 seconds. This didn't reset the control panel either, but I believe that is the motor reset. Just thought I would give it a try.

Full discloser here, I did drop the machine while installing it last year and broke part of the plastic on top of the machine but I have had zero issues with it up to this point.

Any help with this matter would be much appreciated...

Cheers Ben

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

GTWN4250D

I believe this is the model number.

Thanks

This is one of the newer, updated 2012 Hydrowave models.  You'll want to go into test mode, retrieve error codes and run diagnostics.  Unless you have the minimanual from inside the control panel, you'll need the testing procedures bulletin to do that: http://appliantology.org/files/file/703-ge-top-loading-hydrowave-washer-training-bulletin-testing-procedures/

You'll need to be an Apprentice to download it:  http://apprentice.appliantology.org/

I have the mini manual. That's where I came up with the, start at 9oclockt and turn180 degrees while holding the start button, it says all the lights should light up and this is zero position, but this is not happening.

Not sure where to go from here?

Thanks for the speedy reply...

I'll go thru it again before I order the part. Im not at home at the moment but will reply back with what I decide to do.

Thanks again.

Well I went thru everything on the mini manual again, and nothing it's still going straight to the spin cycle. It will run this cycle just fine and spins like a SOB.

The instructions are pretty simple, so I would hope Im doing them correctly. Unless there's a special trick im missing, it looks like I need to order the part you listed.

Anything im not doing, I should? before I spend $100 to find out if this is the problem.

Thanks

Order from here and there is a no questions return policy, even for installed electric parts.

I would like to order from

here due to the quick responses. Unfortunately, the part isn't available to ship until 12/26-1/03. That's a long time to wait, I don't have near enough to wear in the time being.

Try this place:  Part number: AP5632415

Part number: AP5632415

Believe it or not work and the holidays caught up to me and I just now placed my order. Luckily the mother in laws washer was only a few blocks away.

Thanks for the help and Ill post back when I get it going.

Ben

The part came in within a couple days, I installed it and the washer seems to be working fine.

Thank you!

Cheers

Good job!