Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dkimble69

Getting ready to tackle Kenmore 417 washer no spin cycle

31 posts in this topic

Any advice, before I jump in.  I have read several posts and am starting with checking the drain and motor.

MOdel number is checked, rechecked, and checked again!

417 44252500

If anyone has links to documents that may help me I thank you in advance.

Dennis

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The washer is not draining completly, and is also not running final spin.  It does do the cw ccw back and forth and runs wash cycle fine as well.  I can hear the pump running and water coming out but have not been able to see if it is a solid stream yet or not.  HOping its just clogged line....  fingers crossed.

The 1st Prophecy of Front Load Washers:  No pumpest, no spinnest.  

Fix the draining problem and you'll most likely fix the spinning problem, too.  

Try cleaning out the Dreamcatcher:

I saw that video earlier.  Now if I could just figure out how to get the front cover off without breaking anything...lol

Cheek to the floor, two 1/4 inch hex head screws, one on each side.  

Cheek to the floor, two 1/4 inch hex head screws, one on each side.

Excellent, I will tackle this once I get the boys home from karate.

Mine had the square driver bit screws, and I couldn't find one. Going to dig in to it after work today.

They're both, square head inside a 1/4" hex.  You can use either tool.  

Thanks so much.  I got the panel off (they were actually round square bit screws) and removed the catcher tube.  Amazingly it was empty...  Well, it had one very small thing in it.  I can spin the empeller with my fingers so I am guessing it is not jambed with debris.

Should I put it back together and run the diagnostics, or is there anything else I should look at first?

Should I start the drain cycle forst and confirm that the pump actually spins before I put the tube back on?

there is a little bit of water in the impeller area of the pump. shouldn't it go out the drain, or will a little bit remain in there? Will axis tonne t drain pipe next..... I need a bigger utility room ;).

disconnect. damn phone.

There will always be a little bit in the impeller and drain hose.  It is impossible to have a 100% pumpout.

OK, I blew in the drain end of the hose and very easily blew the rest of the water out of it.....  Not clogged  :(

Put a pump in it. I've had many that seem to work fine when out of the machine but once its all back together pumping water they refuse to work.

replaced the pump....... pumps water out, still get the cw ccw slow rotation and NO high speed spin... Now she's pissed cause I said I could fix it......

put the machine in a spin cycle, let it run for 3-4 minutes, unplug unit, can you open door right away or only after a few minutes?  Have you checked for error codes?

Edited by sh2sh2

I have not. I followed the above instructions.

It wasn't draining all the water and no spin cycle.

Checked boot, clean, drain hose, and they said pit a pump in it.

I really wish I had done the diagnostics...... E47 is stored.... board thinks the door PTC circuit is open in spin!

replace the door latch

so would this mean the pump wasn't bad? Is this model the one that is almost impossible to bet the door gasket back on? I read some horder stories about that earlier. Should I test anything else before I try this?

You don't have to remove the bellow, just disconnect it from the front panel so you can get to the latch. Its easy to take off and put back on.

Yes, I just did that.  It was easy to do.  Is there a way to actually test this before I buy a new one?  I thought I read something yesterday and that some peices of this assembly could be replaced without replacing everything....   

Please tell me I do NOT need the wiring harness also???  I ahve to get this done tomorrow and the local prices are horrible.  The pump was $125. at the only local place that had one.  I should have I guess called the waranty company and paid the $125. to them  :)  At least then, the lady would be happy...