Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
crosstalk

Liquid detergent cup on Samsung WF419AAW/XAA washer

6 posts in this topic

A strange thing is happening with the liquid detergent dispenser cup on this washer.  Every few cycles, I am finding the cup full of water at the end of the cycle/beginning of the next cycle.  It seems like it is supposed to work by siphoning the water/detergent.  When it's full of water, I take it to the sink, clean it out and it works fine again (tests ok at the sink).  Yet every couple of cycles, it doesn't work correctly.  Do you think the detergent isn't dissolving and blocking the siphon tube/riser?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Did this just start?  Cold weather depending where you live will lower water temps, so if you wash in cold the detergent wont dissolve very well

Yes--it started recently so water temperature could be a factor.  Doesn't the machine add hot water even on a cold cycle to maintain a certain temp?

im not sure on samsung, but if it does its not much

I've seen this problem on ALL the front load washers except the Whirlpool Duets because Whirlpool was smart enough to use a motor to divert the correct detergent and water mix rather than just siphoning them out.

I've seen this problem on ALL the front load washers except the Whirlpool Duets because Whirlpool was smart enough to use a motor to divert the correct detergent and water mix rather than just siphoning them out.

the sports and the newest verzion of the 'direct drive front load' 'aka alpha 2.0 use the multi valve set up that samsung and lg use