Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MVWX700XL2 Wont Start Cycle

VMW

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Oberon

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

The original complaint on this was "not draining".  I figured I had the culprit when I pulled a mangled safety pin out of the pump impeller.  I was half right.

I pulled codes on the machine:  F0 E2  &  F9  E1 - so long drain and suds

I ran machine in auto diagnostic mode after cleaning out the pump and it went through the entire routine no problem, EXCEPT when the cycle stopped and all the lights should go out it displayed "10" and ran the drain pump.

I tried to put it into calibrate mode and as soon as I hit start all the lights go out on the display...hmmm

If you select a cycle (not in diagnostic mode) it will display the cycle time, and then when start is pushed it displays "10" runs the drain pump until the display gets down to about "6" and then it shuts the machine down.

Ran test #1 for the main control and it checked out ok.

So, about the only thing it does successfully is the manual or automatic diagnostic test (fills, agitates, door lock, hi/lo spin, drain)

Anyone experienced this? 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Went back out to the house today, same issue occurring.  Put it through the entire test #1 and everything checked out good.

Inspected wiring harness all over machine for any chaffing, etc.  Nothing.

As a last resort I started resetting every connection on the machine (in the console and under the tub) and blamo!  We have lift off!!!

This washer is in a cold, unheated basement (I'm in Michigan).  I'm wondering if those tiny connections are not suited to that environment.  Time will tell I guess.

#3 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,573 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Great find thirsty! You deserve a beer for that one! Those pesky loose connections are a headache.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.tandnappliance.com

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,795 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

As a last resort I started resetting every connection on the machine (in the console and under the tub) and blamo!  We have lift off!!!

That is a great find!   

I've heard that connections problems are ubiquitous in this machine and your story is a valuable reminder of this.  

Domo!   :thanks:

#5 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

That is a great find!   

I've heard that connections problems are ubiquitous in this machine and your story is a valuable reminder of this.  

Domo!   :thanks:

Well, the plot thickens....

Customer called late this afternoon saying they have done several loads since I was there last without incident, but today they went down to the machine because they heard it making noise  and it was displaying 9 and running the drain pump with the lid up.  The kicker is that they were not using the machine so according to them it fired up on its own!

This thing is in a cold basement.  We have almost a foot of snow on the ground.  I'm wondering if the damp cold is wreaking havoc on those micro connections on that machine?

Would using dielectric grease have any ill effects on the connections?  

Hmmmm................. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VMW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics