Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Thirstytech

Maytag MVWX700XL2 Wont Start Cycle

5 posts in this topic

The original complaint on this was "not draining".  I figured I had the culprit when I pulled a mangled safety pin out of the pump impeller.  I was half right.

I pulled codes on the machine:  F0 E2  &  F9  E1 - so long drain and suds

I ran machine in auto diagnostic mode after cleaning out the pump and it went through the entire routine no problem, EXCEPT when the cycle stopped and all the lights should go out it displayed "10" and ran the drain pump.

I tried to put it into calibrate mode and as soon as I hit start all the lights go out on the display...hmmm

If you select a cycle (not in diagnostic mode) it will display the cycle time, and then when start is pushed it displays "10" runs the drain pump until the display gets down to about "6" and then it shuts the machine down.

Ran test #1 for the main control and it checked out ok.

So, about the only thing it does successfully is the manual or automatic diagnostic test (fills, agitates, door lock, hi/lo spin, drain)

Anyone experienced this? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Went back out to the house today, same issue occurring.  Put it through the entire test #1 and everything checked out good.

Inspected wiring harness all over machine for any chaffing, etc.  Nothing.

As a last resort I started resetting every connection on the machine (in the console and under the tub) and blamo!  We have lift off!!!

This washer is in a cold, unheated basement (I'm in Michigan).  I'm wondering if those tiny connections are not suited to that environment.  Time will tell I guess.

Great find thirsty! You deserve a beer for that one! Those pesky loose connections are a headache.

As a last resort I started resetting every connection on the machine (in the console and under the tub) and blamo!  We have lift off!!!

That is a great find!   

I've heard that connections problems are ubiquitous in this machine and your story is a valuable reminder of this.  

Domo!   :thanks:

That is a great find!   

I've heard that connections problems are ubiquitous in this machine and your story is a valuable reminder of this.  

Domo!   :thanks:

Well, the plot thickens....

Customer called late this afternoon saying they have done several loads since I was there last without incident, but today they went down to the machine because they heard it making noise  and it was displaying 9 and running the drain pump with the lid up.  The kicker is that they were not using the machine so according to them it fired up on its own!

This thing is in a cold basement.  We have almost a foot of snow on the ground.  I'm wondering if the damp cold is wreaking havoc on those micro connections on that machine?

Would using dielectric grease have any ill effects on the connections?  

Hmmmm.................