Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 70 series washer leak

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TyAnn

TyAnn

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

My boyfriend washed a load of laundry the other day and informed me today that the run in front of the washer was a little wet. When I went to look at it, the carpet was soaked, there was not water in the tub so that makes me believe it was a faulty part instead of a clog in the pipes or pump. Anyways I removed the casing for the machine and examined the pump and pipes for any cracks. Unfortunately I couldn't find any, then I removed the pump to see if it was a clog... and nothing there once again. I'm sure what else to look for. Any suggestions?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

What is the model number of the washer?

Eric

#3 TyAnn

TyAnn

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

model # 110 20702 990

Series CJ5181012

#4 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

With cabinet removed, set washer to fill and check for leaks around the water inlet valve assembly and hose from that assembly up to the tub inlet. If nothing found, let it fill a few inches and then switch to drain to check for leaks around pump and drain hoses. You will have to bypass the lid switch either by removing the switch and plugging into harness connector and operate manually or jump out the switch as per this video. It's ok to run all functions with cabinet removed.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XAnQ6Ovvnuc

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics