Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LEW0050PQ Replacing the Blower Wheel! I need help.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

LEW0050PQ, got the service manual here. It appears like the blower wheel is accessed and replaced by doing most of the steps on pages 30 to 40, In the service manual.  Am I correct in my assumption?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

Which manual are looking at?  I'm looking at Job Aid 8178475, L-76.  Blower removal in that manual is just three page:  4-10 thru 12.

#3 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'm looking at the Merloni 24 inch Electric Dryer. The L-76 Job Aid. On page 4-10 it says to refer to pages 4-6 & 4-7 to remove belt and drum. I think you answered my question, its a lot of work. Thanks Samurai. I am doing the job on Monday, I will give an update when completed.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

I know you'll whup up on that puppy!  Take some purdy pitchers for your Brethren here, too.  

#5 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Went and did it Monday, sorry no pics. Pretty easy. Sock in the blower wheel. It is about an hour labor.

Thanks

#6 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

I have both the washer and dryer in my shop.  I bought them for resale.  The dryer wont start and something sounds jammed in the washer back.  Just now downloading the manuals.  Do you want me to take some pictures.  I wonder about how reliable they are.  The washers is as heavy as a full size unit.  I was thinking they would be good for an appartment or even an RV.  I started tqo not buy them but they were so rare to me,  any info on them would be great.  It looks to me like you have to disassemble it from the rear,  I have to study the job aids.  If they have resettable thermals, I havent seen the easy way to get to them.   I can take pictures let me know.

#7 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

These washers and dryers are something else. The washer often has pump problems and the dryer has thermal fuse and heater problems. I would not recommend this set to an enemy. They are made in Italy or somewhere. Whirlpool messed up in putting their name on them. The heater for the dryer is about $110

#8 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

The dryer has a power on switch that is bad on my unit, it pushes in and clicks, but one of the poles is not making.  You can hold it in and the power light will start flashing.  I was looking at the switch and trying to figure out how to get it out ( have to look at the manual) it has a rubber seal in there and two tabs, looks like easy to break if you dont do it right.  It ran pretty good, and reversed like it was suppose to.  220 VAC at the door switch and there are exposed terminals male, on the back terminal block, so if your running a test, dont have tools in your pocket or hand, it's a no touch when running with the top off.

Lots of loose lent balls, so if you own one it needs an anual cleaning..

#9 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

some pics.

The botom switch is my problem 110.00 does not stay in all the way, and light will not flash to indicate power on, when you hold it in it flashed, hit start the light goes steady.

Attached Files

#10 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

posted some more pictures in my gallery

#11 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

Job aid

http://appliantology...service-manual/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics