Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore elite dryer starts automaticly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WMFISHINGFOOL

WMFISHINGFOOL

Ikkō-ikki

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:BUD LIGHT

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

hi all have a kenmore elite gas dryer mod # 11073952102 that automatically starts when i turn dial to either setting.  stops if turned to off position or when door is opened.  initially i assumumed it was the control board because resistors were burned.  before i ordered a new board i tested with a board from a working dryer of the same model  and doing the same starting when i turn dial to either setting.  tested and switched start switch same.  switched out timer same.  switched out motor same.  need help.  now i have two disassembled kenmore elites. lol any assistance would be appreciated!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Motor relay is probably stuck closed. Relay is right next to the push to start switch. Disconnect one of the blue wires from the relay. If problem goes away, replace relay.

http://www.repaircli.../3405281/528722

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, 14 December 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#3 WMFISHINGFOOL

WMFISHINGFOOL

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

thanks Eric for reply i did disconnect one of blue wires and it did not turn on so sounds like you hit nail on the head..  i never replaced one of these so far so honestly did know what it was.  is it possible for the control board to fry the motor relay?  cuz i reassembled every thing on the dryer that was functioning properly and now it also is starting to when i turn the dial to either setting?

#4 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

On the dryer that you pulled the blue wire for testing, plug that blue wire back in and unplug one of the pink/black wires. Now turn dryer on, does it start by itself? If not, the problem is the control board, not the relay. You said you swapped the control board so I figured that was ruled out but maybe not. Did you get the boards back into the original dryer it came from?

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, 14 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#5 WMFISHINGFOOL

WMFISHINGFOOL

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

ok it was the motor relay.  i had all working dryer parts noted above in the non working dryer.  so i assembled the working dryer with old parts from non working dryer.  so when i tried it naturally it did the same as non working dryer cuz i had the control board in their.  confusing?  lol at any rate i switched the motor relay from the original working dryer( which has all the replaced parts in it) and viola the original non working dryer is now working properly.  i am assuming that the fried control board fried the motor relay over time.  so now i have one properly working dryer.  am testing with load and watching temp to see if it heats properly.  thank you very much for your help.  not sure if it is worth it to replace control board and motor relay in second dryer.  might as well part it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics