Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Washer model # 110.92578210

Machine Stops Mid-Cycle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tkalota

tkalota

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cold

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

My washer fills with cold or warm water and starts washing correctly but when it goes to the next phase to drain and rinse the timer seems to just freeze and the washer will sit full of water and do nothing. If I play with the dial or move it ahead to the next phase I can get it to continue the cycle.

I checked continuity on my lid switch which appears fine and since initially it correctly fills with water.

Is this an indication to go ahead and replace the often misdiagnosed and rarely broken timer mechanism?

Thesarg 

The sarg

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Sounds like the lid switch. Try jumping it out. Lid switch on this model only affects drain and spin, not fill and agitate. You say you can get it to continue by playing with the timer. Does that mean it will drain and spin? If so, then yes, most likely the timer.

http://www.repaircli.../3946452/546881

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, 16 December 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#3 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Check the wires on the timer plug for a burned or discolored terminal too. Or when the machine stops wiggle the wiring around  and see if it starts/stops again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics