Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung washer drain pump falling apart

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tstebbins

tstebbins

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

Have a 1 year old samsung washer  model WA456DRHDWR/AA    Serial Y0IX54EC701863Y, this is a top load washer The drain pump fell completely off pulled the hose loose from the tub flooded house, the housing had just worn away from the vibration. ordered replacement drain pump asm and installed. Guess what about 3 months go by and flood again. On to third pump this one lasted a bit longer but same end result. Any advice would be appreciated

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

I think they may have had a service tip about this. I remember hearing about it at ASTI last year. Let me check my list of tips and I will get back to you.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

there is a service tip but it is just to install the same shitty part, when i replace then i put on a worm clamp so when it breaks again it hopefully dosent flood house.  FYI no need to replace entire pump assy, the sell the bracket the holds the pump on

#4 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

I remember they at ASTI say something about the pump actually hitting the floor. That was causing it to break. ( I very well could have dreamed this as well)

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#5 tstebbins

tstebbins

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

Just wanted to thank you for looking at that, Wish they would come up with a better fix though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics