Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ASKO Condensor Dryer T721 art# 10772110 - Replacing front bearing wheels and belt

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm not familiar with the ASKO dryer and I need to replace the front drum wheels and the belt. 

1. Do I need a special tool to remove the drum from the back?

2. Do I remove the front only to replace the belt and wheels?

Thanks,

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm starting to freak out, is this dryer something I should stay away from if I haven't worked on one before?

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Have you got the service manual for this unit???.........A dryer is a dryer, it heats and it tumbles............The service manual I have is the T-700 series...........I  replaced the belt on a T-700.....( Non-Condensing )..................Start at the back and work your way in..........Keep the screws grouped by steps of dissassembly,   helps on reassembly................If I remember , when removing the rear panels, you can keep them together and remove them as a set ......................Do not grease/ oil  the roller shafts........................................

#4 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

I have the service manual but at one point it talked about a special tool with a specific part number to remove the drum, but I think that is for some other model that I'm not dealing with.

Just curious as to  why not to oil the roller shafts?

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Disclaimer... :deal: ..........No p/n for this manual......If I list  a page as reference and it doesn't match yours, bummer.......................Page 31, Changing  belt....Set #3..." Special Tool"................................Page 22...Special tool.... P/N 8801154....Never had one, did not need one....It looked like something that would be in the way.....................Use sticky notes as flags on the steps required...............Helps to find your page after it slips off the cylinder and drops inside. :rolleyes:  .....................P.S.   You do not oil/ grease  the rollers cuz it collects dust, hair, causes binding...........Will cause a problem later......" Maybe not today.     Maybe not tomorrow.  But soon and for the rest of your dryers life.".......

#6 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Mission accomplished.  3.5 Hours from tip to tail.  I replaced the front wheels and belt. I'm hoping next time I can do it in 3.25 Hours.

thanks again for the help.

If someone can tell me how to attach .PDF files I can attach the cheat sheet that someone from ASKO emailed me, it was very helpful...

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Way to go, Alex!  

To attach a PDF, click the light blue button below the reply box that says "More Reply Options."  You'll options there for attachments.  

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

You can add the pdf files by adding it to the potluck supper in the downloads section, or fax it to the Samurai and he'll git 'er dunn

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics