Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
isthisthingon

maytag centennial mvwc6esww1 atc temp sensor

8 posts in this topic

how do you test this sensor machine doesnt fill at all so how do i test this bad boy so as to not be guessing and buying for instance the timer, the inlet valve tested good  attached an elect cord to the cold and got water so it is good

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does the machine agitate as soon as the cycle starts. I have changed many of those sensors.

Edited by applianceman97

Pull the hose off of the ATC and blow through it to make sure it's clear and not leaking.  If that checks out, replace ATC.

Does the machine agitate as soon as the cycle starts. I have changed many of those sensors.

If it does is this a bad ATC?  The one I am working on is doing this.  I thought it was maybe a new way of doing things, help get clothes balanced in washer..

Does it fill with water at the same time as agitating?

Do you have the exact same model number?

Could also be timer

Yes it's the exact model number, is adgitating at fill, is spraying at end.  I just found another post, called soggy clothes. I linked it to my post.

You had reponded to it.  The guy there replaced the atc, that fixed it.  I see timer can be a problem, and then there is the blow in the hose fix.  The post I just linked to mine,    one person put some tape on something, tube to seal it I assume.  was talking about hot water getting on the ATC.  I dont have a hot water problem.  It's cold where I am working.

The problem at the beginning of the cycle sounds like an atc problem. The wet clothes problem sounds like a possible timer problem but that could as well be the atc. Is the pressure tube clear? Does it do it in the rinse cycle too?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0