Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AlexM

Frigidaire Gas Dryer Model# FASG7073LA0: Replaced coils and still not drying

4 posts in this topic

I plugged it into my Watt meter and was getting 7-amps when lighting and around 4-amps when just the motor was running.  It seems like the flame burns for only a short time.  I replaced the coils, and same thing.  This is a new dryer just out of warranty.  Possibly the flame sensor?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Access flame and make certain it is drafting up the flue enough so as the high limit thermostat isn't cutting out. Check venting(snow pile build up outside in front of hood perhaps) or restricted in some other way. Blower housing may  have a garment  caught restricting the air flow.  Poor air flow equals poor flame equals premature cut out.

This thing was squeky clean, but I didn't remove the vent to investigate.  I will get back out there and check that....

Thanks!

Ikko, Sorry for not getting back sooner, you where spot on. 100% blockage at exterior vent, removed blockage and everything was cool...no, I mean hot!

thanks!