Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

grshpr

Whirlpool Washer Won't Drain

3 posts in this topic

My Whirlpool model LSR8233EQ1 top load washer died today. It will fill with water and it will agitate. It will not pump out water or spin. I assume it won't spin because it is filled with water.

It finished a load today, the timer got to the end, but it is full of soapy water. Just before it finished I heard a loud grinding noise for a few seconds, it stopped grinding and seemed to agitate, ground again, and repeated this a few times. By the time I got upstairs to investigate it had stopped doing anything, I think it stopped because the timer got to the end.

These symptoms lead me to believe the pump is dead, could it be something else? How would a parts changing monkey know for sure I need to buy a pump?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Never mind. I bypassed the lid switch and it drained. This will be an easy fix. I might leave it bypassed so my wife can finish today's laundry and get a proper replacement tomorrow.

Thanks to the Samurai for this article: http://fixitnow.com/wp/2012/03/18/is-it-worth-fixing-a-20-year-old-kenmore-whirlpool-direct-drive-washer-wont-spin-or-pump-out/

Thanks Senpai, that video will help me verify the switch is indeed dead.