Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire double wall oven bake element wont work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,899 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Frigidaire double wall oven. Model # PLEB27T8CCB. Bake element in upper oven will not work. Broil element works okay. Could not get control panel apart to do further testing. (someone already stripped the screw heads.)  I know this model has 2 relay boards. one for the upper and one for the lower oven. Im assuming its the relay board. After looking at the diagram it shows a it show a thermal circuit breaker on the upper and lower oven. I havent seen this exact wording in a wiring diagram before. But with the broil element working that would mean thats not the problem. Any other thoughts besides the Relay board?

Edited by applianceman97, 23 December 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

If the element is good I'm thinking a relay board too. With these ovens every time I've had a realy board be at fault for no bake its been a burned solder joint on the board. I always repair the board to keep costs down and then I don't have to pull the oven out a second time to replace the board after ordering one. I can charge more in labor for repairing the board so its a more profitable job then replacing the board. Your method may vary but thats what I do if the board is fixable with a soldering gun.

While the oven is out pull the cover off the junction box and make sure the wire nuts are tight and not burned. 10% of the time with a burned joint on a board there is a half melted wire nut too.

Edited by -Mike-, 23 December 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#3 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,899 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for the info Mike! I will check all that! Thought I was thinking the right thing. Good to hear it from another source. I haven't seen this exact model before. I don't work on many wall ovens.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics