Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
VTXRIDER

LG ER FF Code

9 posts in this topic

Forum readers,

Brand New to the site forgive me if I miss any forum etiquette. I did read a few post related to my problem and they helped. As a matter of fact it help me replace the freezer fan motor in my LG LRSC 26925TT side by side. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I did NO software updates or mother board replacement just the freezer fan motor. It still gives me the er ff code after a plug in. There is  also no ice build up and the unit has been down for a week. Are there any simple test or is it evident the tandem parts need replacing as well.

:thanks:  for any help

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The Dean explains the pitfalls with this repair in detail here.  

Basically make sure you installed the upgraded evap fan:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Evaporator-Fan-Motor/4681JB1029A/1330410

Note the part number in the linked fan and compare with the one you replaced.

Not sure if the muthaboard in this model has been upgraded or not:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/EBR58010501/1472874

We'll sit tight and wait for the Dean to guide us.  

No service bulletin concerning Main PCB although I suspect that's the booger.  Evap fan motor has been upgraded.

Depends on the Serial Number...

LG has been struggling with moisture contamination/damage in their refrigerators for some years now.

As of this posting---it *appears* that they're finally getting a handle on it.

For the LRSC26925 models---if the Serial Number is:

603MRXXX through 812MRXXX (Mar 2006 - December 2008)...

The MAIN BOARD was changed from (6871JB1929Y) to the revised/corrected part number (EBR58010501).

This corrected *overcooling* complaints.

LG servicers were also instructed to visually inspect the THERMISTORs in both---the Freezer and Refrigerator compartments---for "partially-buried" Thermistors (inside the blow-injected foam insulation).

Any Thermistor found "stuck" in the cured insulation---is to be pulled out and re-attached to the Thermistor Case/Cover (for accurate temperature sensing).

If the Serial Number is:

906MRxxx or older...

Both Door Gaskets were re-designed---to improve sealing (moisture control).

Freezer Door Gasket (4987JJ1010L)

Refrigerator Door Gasket (4987JJ1010M)

In your particular case---the Evaporator Fan Motor likely failed due to moisture contamination---shorting out the tiny intergrated-circuit inside the Fan Motor Housing.

Which then---damaged the Main Board.

Replace both.

Evaporator/Freezer Fan Motor (4681JB1029A)

Main Board (EBR58010501)

Other possibles---though less likely...

Damaged wiring in freezer door hinge (top of door)

Failing/failed Door Switch

Thanks  very much for all  the help. Works very much like my motorcycle boards every one willing to lend a hand, much appreciated.

I checked the serial number and my unit is an 2005 (502KRLR00152) bought in Jan 2006. I will try the main board if the cost does not out weigh the remaining life of the unit. I have replaced the freezer fan motor behind the ice maker.

I am assuming the thermistors can be checked with a meter? Where can I find a schematic on here to locate these parts on this unit?

I have been getting my LG parts from S**rs. For me the consumer they have been excellent in shipping and customer service and pricing have been excellent.

<<<I am assuming the thermistors can be checked with a meter?>>>

No need to test the THERMISTORS---just pluck 'em out from the insulation---and attach them to the small white plastic "cage" (which can be seen in both compartments).

<<<Works very much like my motorcycle boards every one willing to lend a hand, much appreciated.>>>

<<<I have been getting my LG parts from S**rs. For me the consumer they have been excellent in shipping and customer service and pricing have been excellent.>>>

Sears does not "lend a hand" like that motorcycle forum does---and their return policy is woefully lacking compared to RepairClinic:)

Especially when it comes to electronics.

I was unaware of the "repair clinic" checking them out now! Thanks :thumbsup:

Much more knowledge in a short time . I will try the main control board next. It looks very easy to replace and somewhat cheaper than a new unit. I will also clean the coils and evaporator fan area which I may have been one of the millions to neglect this area for maintenance.