Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG ER FF Code

LG ERFF Freezer Fan

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VTXRIDER

VTXRIDER

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:bud lite

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Forum readers,

Brand New to the site forgive me if I miss any forum etiquette. I did read a few post related to my problem and they helped. As a matter of fact it help me replace the freezer fan motor in my LG LRSC 26925TT side by side. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I did NO software updates or mother board replacement just the freezer fan motor. It still gives me the er ff code after a plug in. There is  also no ice build up and the unit has been down for a week. Are there any simple test or is it evident the tandem parts need replacing as well.

:thanks:  for any help

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

The Dean explains the pitfalls with this repair in detail here.  

Basically make sure you installed the upgraded evap fan:  http://www.repaircli...JB1029A/1330410

Note the part number in the linked fan and compare with the one you replaced.

Not sure if the muthaboard in this model has been upgraded or not:  http://www.repaircli...8010501/1472874

We'll sit tight and wait for the Dean to guide us.  

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

No service bulletin concerning Main PCB although I suspect that's the booger.  Evap fan motor has been upgraded.

#4 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Depends on the Serial Number...

LG has been struggling with moisture contamination/damage in their refrigerators for some years now.

As of this posting---it *appears* that they're finally getting a handle on it.

For the LRSC26925 models---if the Serial Number is:

603MRXXX through 812MRXXX (Mar 2006 - December 2008)...

The MAIN BOARD was changed from (6871JB1929Y) to the revised/corrected part number (EBR58010501).

This corrected *overcooling* complaints.

LG servicers were also instructed to visually inspect the THERMISTORs in both---the Freezer and Refrigerator compartments---for "partially-buried" Thermistors (inside the blow-injected foam insulation).

Any Thermistor found "stuck" in the cured insulation---is to be pulled out and re-attached to the Thermistor Case/Cover (for accurate temperature sensing).

If the Serial Number is:

906MRxxx or older...

Both Door Gaskets were re-designed---to improve sealing (moisture control).

Freezer Door Gasket (4987JJ1010L)

Refrigerator Door Gasket (4987JJ1010M)

In your particular case---the Evaporator Fan Motor likely failed due to moisture contamination---shorting out the tiny intergrated-circuit inside the Fan Motor Housing.

Which then---damaged the Main Board.

Replace both.

Evaporator/Freezer Fan Motor (4681JB1029A)

Main Board (EBR58010501)

Other possibles---though less likely...

Damaged wiring in freezer door hinge (top of door)

Failing/failed Door Switch

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#5 VTXRIDER

VTXRIDER

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Thanks  very much for all  the help. Works very much like my motorcycle boards every one willing to lend a hand, much appreciated.

I checked the serial number and my unit is an 2005 (502KRLR00152) bought in Jan 2006. I will try the main board if the cost does not out weigh the remaining life of the unit. I have replaced the freezer fan motor behind the ice maker.

I am assuming the thermistors can be checked with a meter? Where can I find a schematic on here to locate these parts on this unit?

I have been getting my LG parts from S**rs. For me the consumer they have been excellent in shipping and customer service and pricing have been excellent.

#6 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

<<<I am assuming the thermistors can be checked with a meter?>>>

No need to test the THERMISTORS---just pluck 'em out from the insulation---and attach them to the small white plastic "cage" (which can be seen in both compartments).

<<<Works very much like my motorcycle boards every one willing to lend a hand, much appreciated.>>>

<<<I have been getting my LG parts from S**rs. For me the consumer they have been excellent in shipping and customer service and pricing have been excellent.>>>

Sears does not "lend a hand" like that motorcycle forum does---and their return policy is woefully lacking compared to RepairClinic:)

Especially when it comes to electronics.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#7 VTXRIDER

VTXRIDER

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I was unaware of the "repair clinic" checking them out now! Thanks :thumbsup:

#8 VTXRIDER

VTXRIDER

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Much more knowledge in a short time . I will try the main control board next. It looks very easy to replace and somewhat cheaper than a new unit. I will also clean the coils and evaporator fan area which I may have been one of the millions to neglect this area for maintenance.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

You can return any part for any reason for 365 days from RepairClinic:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics