Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid KSCS23INSS00 Icemaker stopped working.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jzrider

jzrider

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

I've been trying to trouble shoot this based on other posts.   Here's what I've done.

I initially replaced the water inlet, this turned out to not be the problem.

I've checked for frozen water in the from the fill tube.  It looked okay to me.

I've jumped t and h.   the eject cycle worked, but the water did not fill at the end of the cycle.

Is it possible for the eject cycle to work and the control board to still be bad ???

any suggestions ?

thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,079 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

If it manually cycled but did not fill with water and your valve is fine, then the Icemaker isn't calling for water... ie bad ice maker. First, however, disconnect the ice water tube from the inlet valve and start a harvest cycle. If water comes out of the valve, there is a blockage somewhere.

You may be able to switch the ice and water dispenser electrical connections at the valve and then press the water dispenser actuator. If water enters the icemaker, then you know for sure you have a bad icemaker.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 27 December 2013 - 08:41 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the ice maker, pop off then white cover, take off the motor assy, and look for any burn marks.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,807 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

Your replacement ice maker assembly:  http://www.repaircli...2198597/1016069

#5 jzrider

jzrider

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

If it manually cycled but did not fill with water and your valve is fine, then the Icemaker isn't calling for water... ie bad ice maker. First, however, disconnect the ice water tube from the inlet valve and start a harvest cycle. If water comes out of the valve, there is a blockage somewhere.

You may be able to switch the ice and water dispenser electrical connections at the valve and then press the water dispenser actuator. If water enters the icemaker, then you know for sure you have a bad icemaker.

Thank you for your response. I was curious about which part actually called for water.  So the icemaker calls for water ??  Is it possible to just replace the control board and not the whole icemaker piece ??

thanks

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,079 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

yes, but the difference in price is small and if your icemaker is 5 years old or more, you want to replace the entire IM as the mold's Teflon coating is generally good for 5 years.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics