Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GEnArtica side by side model psf26ngpa too cold on refrigerator side.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nogrey

Nogrey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Shock top

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Even with thermostat control turned to warmest setting refrigerator side operates around 27 degreesF. Freezer seems OK. Need suggestions on where to begin troubleshooting. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Thermistors, damper flap and or damper motor. If those all check OK then possibly Motherboard.

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,080 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

odds are your damper door is broken. Very common problem. You have to replace the damper control assembly.
http://www.repaircli...9X10091/1055112

see http://appliantology...091#entry247178

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 26 December 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

365-day Return Policy on all parts ordered from RepairClinic:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

#5 Nogrey

Nogrey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for the info. I followed the link for the flapper but don't have the service manual or know how to put the fridge in sic mode to test it.

#6 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

I've never ran test mode. If it is freezing on that side, I just remove the damper assy, and physically look to see if the door is broken. Maybe shake it a little and you will know it is broken. Like Durham said it is probably the damper.

#7 Nogrey

Nogrey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Thanks. I am looking for some direction. I don't know where the damper is. Can you help?

#8 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

It is that big hump in the back top of the fresh food side. Squeeze that little cover above the water filter and pull it out. You have to pop off the light shield with a screwdriver. Some of the light shields have a small screw towards the front that needs removed. Remove 4 screws from the roof. At the bottom of that assembly may be a long cover. I typically just grab that and pull out. Just let it sit in place it doesn't need to come all the way out. Then you can shift it to the left or the right to get the last 2 screws out. Some dont have that long cover and just has a small halfmoon cover you pop off to get to the screws. The damper assy should slide loose. Undo the little electrical connector and look into the hole on the left to see if the door is broken. The other guys linked the part for you to see. It is upside in the pictures though on repairclinics website.

Edited by BryanS, 28 December 2013 - 09:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics