Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Nogrey

GEnArtica side by side model psf26ngpa too cold on refrigerator side.

8 posts in this topic

Even with thermostat control turned to warmest setting refrigerator side operates around 27 degreesF. Freezer seems OK. Need suggestions on where to begin troubleshooting. Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thermistors, damper flap and or damper motor. If those all check OK then possibly Motherboard.

odds are your damper door is broken. Very common problem. You have to replace the damper control assembly.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Damper-Control-Assembly/WR49X10091/1055112

see http://appliantology.org/topic/36675-ge-refrigerator-pss27sgmdbs-too-cold/?hl=wr49x10091#entry247178

Edited by DurhamAppliance
3 people like this

Thanks for the info. I followed the link for the flapper but don't have the service manual or know how to put the fridge in sic mode to test it.

I've never ran test mode. If it is freezing on that side, I just remove the damper assy, and physically look to see if the door is broken. Maybe shake it a little and you will know it is broken. Like Durham said it is probably the damper.

Thanks. I am looking for some direction. I don't know where the damper is. Can you help?

It is that big hump in the back top of the fresh food side. Squeeze that little cover above the water filter and pull it out. You have to pop off the light shield with a screwdriver. Some of the light shields have a small screw towards the front that needs removed. Remove 4 screws from the roof. At the bottom of that assembly may be a long cover. I typically just grab that and pull out. Just let it sit in place it doesn't need to come all the way out. Then you can shift it to the left or the right to get the last 2 screws out. Some dont have that long cover and just has a small halfmoon cover you pop off to get to the screws. The damper assy should slide loose. Undo the little electrical connector and look into the hole on the left to see if the door is broken. The other guys linked the part for you to see. It is upside in the pictures though on repairclinics website.

Edited by BryanS
1 person likes this