I have my mother's Fisher & Paykel GWL10U2 top-load washing machine in my house. No one has the User's Guide anymore, so I've been searching all over to try to fix two issues with the machine. We have it installed in our basement and it's mostly level (that is, when I put my level on top of the washing machine, only a teeny bit of the air bubble is outside the "level" markers). Right now, it is draining directly from the machine into our slop sink (no additional pump) and seems to be doing just fine with the slight incline.
I'm seeing two problems:
1. Only getting scalding hot water for any wash: I am in the process of checking for kinks in the hot & cold water hoses, checking for obstructions within the hoses, detaching the hoses from the washer and checking the water temp as it comes straight from the pipes (into a bucket), and finally, checking the screen strainer on the washer side. I've read that if all that is working fine, then I most likely have an "inlet valve issue". Does that sound right? Any other troubleshooting steps here?
2. For all wash cycle types (e.g., Delicates, Regular, Heavy Duty), my washer stops & then beeps (several times) in between the Long Wash and Rinse phases. If I manually click "Advance" then "Start", the machine will forcibly go through the phases of the cycle. Obviously, I would like my washing machine to go through all the phases without me having to run downstairs every few minutes to hit "Advance" and then "Start".
I was able to get the machine into Diagnostic Mode, following instructions on another GWL10U2 forum post here.
Here's what I did:
1. With machine OFF, held down WASH TEMPERATURE DOWN button and then POWER button
2. Heard two beeps
3. Used the SPIN SPEED buttons to ensure both Hold & Slow are lit up (not really sure why, though, again, just taking information from a previous post here)
4. Nothing happened...
5. So I pressed "Start" and the furthest right button (for SPIN) was lit up in red. I think this corresponds to a value of "1", giving me diagnostic code results of "1".
What does that mean?
And did I do the diagnostic mode entry properly?
Thanks so much!