Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bryant gas furnace fan inducer shroud gasket?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jroptop

jroptop

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!!!!!! Im in need of a little guidance.......I have a Bryant gas furnace that wasn't kicking on when the thermostat would call for heat,after diagnosing the issue,I found that the inducer motor fan wheel was damaged.The center sleeve that mounts to the shaft motor separated from the plastic wheel and was spinning freely.I used some super glue in the meantime to cob it until the new part arrives on Tuesday,its actually holding up thus far.My question is,do I need to use some sort of a gasket or silicone around the inducer fan shroud after I replace the wheel?If so,what would you recommend????Thanks in advance!!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jroptop

jroptop

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

The model# of the Bryant is 350MAV048100 if its of any help :)

#3 ACtechGUY

ACtechGUY

HAKUNA MATATA!!

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:MMMM..ANY....BEEEER....

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Most brand new inducer Assembly's these days come either with a fiberglass gasket or a  tube of high heat red silicone . if you do not get either..... Find some hi temp silicone and use that to seal the inducer to the furnace. Unless you would like to wake up dead :>  

Edited by ACtechGUY, 29 December 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#4 jroptop

jroptop

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

Well thanks for the heads up,I enjoy waking up period! :) So a Hi Temp silicone to join the 2 shroud pieces will do?Hopefully I wont have to access the blower wheel again for any reason after sealing it!

What confuses me is there didn't seem to be a gasket there in the first place when I took it apart and this was the first time it was ever taken apart.Are we sure we are talking about the same area?Just want to make sure :)

#5 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Carrier is like that. I found mine just butted together also, though the parts list claims there is a gasket. Go ahead and seal it. If you have to get in there again, the ATV will separate easily enough, and there's always a little persuasion from a utility blade to fall back on.

First, do no harm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics