Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sears Commercial Parts

Non truthful

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

I know better, heard all the stories, burnt by sears before.    Called them on Dec 16.  Was told part was in stock would be shipped that day.  Every other parts supply had it on back order for several weeks or more.     Told I would receive by 12/26.    Figgured yea Ok it is christmas time OK maybe a few days later.   Never received a tracking number, just an order number.

Well today I have not received & researched.   Found out part is back ordered to January 9.   Of course they charged my card & customer is not to happy because they wanted it repaired...by now.

Sears sucks...TOLD ME it was in stock & would be shipped.   OK beat me down now, I deserve it.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Dealt with them in years past briefly.  VERY briefly.  I stopped I think after my third order when I received a used part in a previously-opened box that smelled like stale cigarettes.  It was about that time RepairClinic was coming on the scene and they were a game-changer for the whole parts house industry which, back then, was pretty sleazy.  Including Marcone.  Everyone has since stepped up their game to keep up with RepairClinic.  

#3 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,087 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:30 AM

Never have liked sears for parts. Ordering timers, getting rebuilt ones and they don't tell you. Just bad. No thanks sears.
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

I've always liked to use Sears Parts Direct but just to research parts.  I preferred the IPL setup over the Samsung and LG sites, and part number revisions have usually been dead on.  And they offer a 365 day money back guarantee but I'm not sure what hoops the customer has to jump through.  But I've always been skeptical about what parts they show in stock when I know no other distributors have them on hand.

#5 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Ahh. I remember pulling a new ice maker off of my van, and when I cut the tape to my surpise was an ice maker with the teflon coating all peeled. Hmm this is isn't new. The sad part is some tech probably used it and sent it back as an unused part. I only go to their site to see the exploded diagrams to help locate where parts are and the occasional part number. Repairclinic sometimes doesn't have pictures for all the parts on some units and without an exploded diagram you have no idea what is what when they 5 different parts labeled limit switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics