Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Conquest Gold Icemaker Spewing Water

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 cjhsa

cjhsa

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

OK, I tried the "Free Way" just to see if I could make it work. Please let me know how I did.   I was an apprentice at one time a few years ago, which I thought was for a  year, apparently now it only lasts two months?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

I was an apprentice at one time a few years ago, which I thought was for a  year, apparently now it only lasts two months?

The world, like its climate, is ever changing.  The only thing that stays the same yesterday, today, and forever is Jesus Christ.  Can I hear an "Amen?" 

#23 cjhsa

cjhsa

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

1. Alright then.  I finally got a response from the LED by just unplugging the fridge and plugging it back in, waiting five seconds, and voila, I got a steady light for about 5-seconds, which means the first generation optics are working.  Next up, I jumpered T and H and got the icemaker to go through a cycle.  Removed the jumper (which I made myself out of twisted pair, I'm so proud) halfway through and let it finish the rotation.  Big CLICK! at about 12:00 and then it returned to 10:00 home.  No water fill.

So, I'm pretty sure this is a water supply issue, which makes sense since it flooded my freezer.  Guess I need a new valve?  Agree?  Got parts?

Also, the ice cream is as hard as a rock.

Edited by cjhsa, 04 January 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#24 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,405 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

That does not necessarily mean the ice maker is energizing the valve or your water line is clear.
As stated earlier, if your water line is clear, replace valve then icemaker or both (if ice maker is over 5 yeads old, replace it anyway) . You indicated the IM recently spit out ice. That would tend to rule out a motor problem (in most cases) as well as an optic problem.

Certified Tech is correct, that piece covers the wire connections between ice maker and fridge. It is attached by a screw on the right rear bottom of the icemaker support tray. It then wraps around the top right of the icemaker covering the exposed connections. I am not sure how you took out the icemaker without removing the screw that attaches it to the icemaker support tray.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#25 cjhsa

cjhsa

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

I figured out how that piece goes back in.  I just didn't see it fall off the first time I removed the ice maker.

#26 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Brother Durham speaketh much wisdom; ignore his advice at your peril.  Just to put it all together for you, you need: 

Ice maker assembly:  http://www.repaircli...2198597/1016069

Water inlet valve:  http://www.repaircli...0408179/1938614

All come with a 365-day, no-hassle Return Policy:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

#27 cjhsa

cjhsa

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

I'm not ignoring anyone!  Thanks!

#28 cjhsa

cjhsa

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Could excess humidity in the house cause the water line to freeze up?  I found a leak in my furnace that was caused primarily by a baffle touching the humidifier pad, causing water to run into the ductwork.  

#29 cjhsa

cjhsa

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Just FYI, but I haven't bothered to work on this further because I had a slew of other appliance/plumbing issues happen within a two week period.  Not only did the ice maker die, a 37" HDTV bit the dust, my washing machine failed to drain, the disposal started leaking, the heater did too....and on and on.  ARGH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics