Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Water in Induction blower

KG6RC 040C-08A

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chulio

Chulio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:no drinky, daily average is still too high

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Hi

I came home from vacation in AZ today to find my place ice cold. Outside temp is 15 below and the day I left it was a blizzard snow storm

It could not have been out the entire time because it was not that cold 55 inside

KG6RC 040C-08A

I was getting 3 blinking lights on the control board and I could hear the water in the fan housing. I removed the cap and pulled the hose off the pressure switch and put it back on. Everything reset and it is running now but I can still hear a little water

Could in the intake be full of snow?

What else ?

I am a retired Appliance tech (35 years) but do not have ant HVAC training. Just enough to get in trouble

Please do not drink and drive. Lost my wife & soul-mate of 25 years to a DUI

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

Might snow have covered your roof jack and built up around it?

If so,that may be the source of your water.

#3 Chulio

Chulio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:no drinky, daily average is still too high

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

The intake is on the side of my building. The PVC that feeds the induction fan (in line drain assembly) has a tube that goes to the floor drain.

I see water running/dripping steady. If I leave the cap on the inducer fan housing it will eventually trip the pressure switch.

Can I run it with the cap off so It heats until I solve the snow problem

Please do not drink and drive. Lost my wife & soul-mate of 25 years to a DUI

#4 Daveb1972

Daveb1972

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Boston Lager

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

NO! It will allow combustion gasses to enter the house. What brand of furnace? Can you share a picture? The drain for the condensate is clogged and needs to be flushed. The picture/models number will help me to give you specifics on procedure, but the gist of it is the trap needs to be flushed and that will allow the inducer to throw the water, and stop this from collecting. The condensate is a natural occur acne for furnaces that are vented with PVC we call them "condensing" furnaces for that reason. They have a drain that collects the condensate from the heat exchanger and the exhaust riser then it goes to a gravity drain or a pump that gets rid of the condensate.
That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.....at this rate I'll be invincible by Tuesday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics