Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Big Changes Coming to Appliantology - Server Migration

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai
Yep, we're moving to a new webhost.  After several years of good, stable service, our current host has gone sour on us.  I'm moving all my sites, including Appliantology, to a new webhost.  This will be the culmination of more than a week of preparatory work doing the initial transfers and testing behind the scenes.  

Sometime in the next day or so, the site will go offline while the final data sync is done and DNS transfer propagates throughout the ISP nameserver databases all over the world.  At first, you will just see a "site closed" screen with a link to our Facebook page where we will be posting updates on the migration.  You can also send me messages through our Facebook page.  Here’s the link to our Facebook page:  http://facebook.com/fixitnowsamurai

After a couple days, you will reliably pull up the site on the new server and the good times will roll again! 

So, a little pain for what I hope is a lot of gain in terms of site stability and page load speed.  

Domo in advance for your patience during this process!  

• Like 5

• Team Samurai

Okay, database corruption at the other server so we're gonna take a do-over.  Appliantology is back open for now.  I'll update this post when we go down again for the next migration attempt.  

Thanks again for your patience!  

there are two known fixes.....

1) Unplug it for 10 minutes and/or

2) change the timer

and make sure to check the couplers.

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 1

• Team Samurai

Awesome!  I think unplugging it for 10 minutes did the trick!... No, wait, it's still broken.   :sad:

Still working on that magic database transfer fix.   :mage:

• Like 1

Never fear folks.... during the last ASTI training, I was able to tag the Samurai. Now we can carefully watch his migratory patterns without losing him. From what I understand Samurais in the wild begin their migration during the coldest parts of winter. So he is right on schedule.

And for you PFTPOS (People For The Preservation of Samurais) crowd, we did not have to administer tranquilizers to tag him. During the normal daily routine of your typical Samurai, all you have to do is follow him to the nearest watering hole where he will gorge himself on fermented hops and barely. Amazingly, this self-stuporing activity allows us to tag him without him ever knowing.

• Like 4