Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Model #665-16959000 Won't Run!

Kenmore Dishwasher Wont Run

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MimiLu

MimiLu

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:sweet tea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

My Kenmore Dishwasher stopped in mid-cycle, has water in tub and will not restart.  There are two minus signs where the numbers should be for the time remaining.

I have tried putting it into diagnostics mode, but all the lights come on & the number 88 shows on the display, but it never does anything else.

I replaced the door switch, thinking that might be the problem, but it is a still a no go.

Any ideas what could be wrong?  Thanks!!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Original control very sensitive to line voltage distortion. Control has been modified.

Part 8564543

Comes with a 365-day, no-hassle Return Policy:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 09 January 2014 - 03:46 PM.
Added part link.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#3 MimiLu

MimiLu

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:sweet tea

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi Sensei,

Thank you for answering me so promptly!

Sears had talked me into getting the control panel last week before I posted my question (NEVER AGAIN will I buy from them!) and it finally came in today.  

When I went to put the control panel in, the plug with the brown wire had burned and fused to the old panel, so when I pulled the plug off the old panel, the tab on the panel stayed in the plug.  I took needle nose pliers and pulled the tab out and connected it to the new control panel and it will run, but I am afraid of what the brown wire controls! (The plug was singed pretty good, but not melted beyond use!)

Any idea what that brown wire goes to? (pump. heating element, motor?)  I just don't want to burn my house down with this twelve year old dishwasher!!!!

I am so glad to find this site.  Will know where to buy parts from now on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics