Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool "Commercial" coin-op

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MetalApplianceman

MetalApplianceman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Budweiser

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

I cant really call this commercial, the only thing changed is the motor pulley is metal not plastic. anyway i figure since the controls are mostly the same as the mvwc's  and all related machines, maybe someone has seen this before. after a power outage 4 of these machines have all the status lights on. not blinking either. i can get them into the diagnostic and run the test cycles and calibration but in 2 hours they turn all the lights on again and do not run at all. these are brand new(1 week old), anybody got anything besides changing the control board?

sorry model is CAE2743BQ0

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Greenbush Starchicken Shotgun

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

Have you gone through the infamous "test #1" on the tech sheet?  At least it's test #1 on the civilian VMW's.  It has you check all the appropriate voltages on the board, etc.  I'd do that, if it all checked out good then Tech Line would be my next stop since they are a week old.

#3 MA tech.

MA tech.

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Amstel Light

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

At risk of sounding silly, have you unplugged each for 5 minutes and replug and try? I know>. worth a shot.

#4 MetalApplianceman

MetalApplianceman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Budweiser

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

just to update this topic, it was a ground issue at the place they were at, brought to the shop they worked fine. the didnt fix their issue there but after a day went by, they went back to normal. these things are strange but they work fine now, just for future reference if you get caught up in one of these machines be sure to have that service manual first thing.

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

I did a home owners maytag vmw last weekend that would not spin or go into a diagnostic mode.  went back to basics & found an intermittent ground.  I found a receptacle an extension cord away & was able to put it into diagnostic mode & it passed .   Calibrated the machine & run a medium load thru normal cycle.    Finished cycle without a hitch.    Told them they need to get the ground problem fixed.   They probably will use an extension cord.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#6 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,087 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Ground is so important on these newer machines. If there is no ground they can do crazy things. Thanks for the update. I'm sure if it happened to a commercial machine it can happen to a household one as well. Now I know what open grounds to VMW machines do. I need to get into the habit of checking the outlet on every machine before iWork on it.
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics