Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

WHIRLPOOL RANGE HELP NEEDED

GY398LXPS02.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Dear Master,

I have a Whirlpool range that I recently repaired.The problem was the membrane pad.I ordered it and it came with the whole control panel and touchpad.It solved the problem:ie the oven didnt work.However there is a fraction of an inch gap where the control panel meets the glass stove top and this is the issue with the customer.I think she is one of those u just cannot please, however she may be correct.Wanted to know what you thought and perhaps get a color picture of how that is suppose to be,or where I can look at another range like this.The Model is a GY398LXPS02.Your help as always has been super.

SAMANERA

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,978 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

And you installed what looks like a control board and two metal parts? http://www.repaircli...ber=GY398LXPS02 If so, then I think it's just a matter of installing it properly. Usually there is a lip at the bottom or top where the control mounts first then snugly fit the control on the range.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 11 January 2014 - 01:26 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Dear Master,

Yes the assy came with ctrl and two metal parts.Thank you for the reply.I prob dont have it in correctly.I will let you know what I find

SAMANERA

#4 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

I take a lot of pictures if it the first time I am taking something apart so I can avoid such problems. Especially metal clips that can go in multiple ways.

#5 MA tech.

MA tech.

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Amstel Light

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

I've changed this kit before. The key pad dimensions have changed and you have to install all parts that come in the kit. The key pad kind of floats until the plate is mounted inside the panel. 

#6 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for all the replies, however this is gotta be my fault for not looking at it more carefully before taking it apart.The edges are flush where the end caps meet the trim but the gap is still there between the stove top and lip of panel.If anybody has a picture of how this is suppose to be I would greatly appreciate it.Iam starting to think this is the way its suppose to be.Just need an example to know for sure.If I was dealing with a normal person this wouldnt even be an issue,however this cust is not.

SAMANERA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics