Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Neftali Alverio Jr.

LG front load washer - drum won't turn by hand

31 posts in this topic

kind of reminds me of the old Whirlpools or even some Westinghouse"s I've run into.  Heat, torch, chisel, sledge hammer, busted knuckles, blood, lot's of wd40, I thought those days were over!  Looks like a whole new world.  Here I thought the new generation was going to be cleaner and more technical.  Well the more things change, the more they stay the same!  Bring it on!

Doc

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Well thank you all for the encouragement and ideas :-D

I will say that luckily I was able force turn the inner drum and find the massive blockage of lint. With tweezers and pliers I successfully removed all (or all visible) lint - picture will follow.

As soon as it was all out the drum spins beautifully. I will say I contemplate going at it again to separate it but I don't want to risk breaking anything by hitting ir harder than I've already tried so I may just accept this as a win.

Waitiing on a seal tomorrow then I'm going to put the baby back together. I'll make sure to update everyone once it's back together.

THANK YOU ALL for your help and guidance. This forum has been awesome. I really appreciate the guidance and help.

30s8t2f.jpg

for those who are interested :) this is why my drum wouldnt turn :P (i can smile now but such a frustrating process - about an hour of picking and pulling)

That is awesome!  Great job and figuring that out without messing up the drum and bearing is commendable.  I really enjoyed this thread! Let us know how it goes when you get it all back together.  That was a great find.

Doc

Looks like a mop head was washed...... :woot: ....

seriously! - although i know that wasnt the case

As an update - the machine is back together and functioning... kept the back off for now to monitor for leaks but ran 2 loads and so far so good.

Diagnostics ran wonderfully as well.

Once again thank you ALL for the help and guidance.

very grateful

Regards,