Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jephil0

Bosch shx4ap06uc dishwasher starts, runs for 5 min, then says clean

29 posts in this topic

So, in theory then, if I fill the tub manually and it works, I should feel fairly confident that that is the problem?  (If so, great.  I have replaced one of those before on my old dishwasher, so I know how to do it).

I feel like I've been all over the place with this thing--multiple error codes, sometimes a "No Error" code... I guess at the very least I can take comfort in the fact that the cord is as long as it is supposed to be now.  Frustrating that the "symptoms" keep changing!

Thanks again for your help!

Jonathan

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I ordered the water inlet valve since that seems to be what the dishwasher's current behavior indicates.  I anticipate I will be replacing either the drain pump or the circulating pump as well; however, I am also in the "hard water heartland," and the dishwasher is about the right age, so I figure replacing the inlet valve is worth a shot.

Part should be here on Wednesday.  I will let you all know what happens.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

I found this service bulletin:

E:25 error code caused by loose drain pump covers

If an Ascenta dishwasher does not drain properly and  / or shows an E:25 error code, the problem could be the drain pump cover was not replaced properly  (i.e. not completely seated and locked into position.) 

Loose drain pump covers allow more water flow to the drain pump, increasing pump load, drawing more current and causing an  E:25 error code. 

The  Clean light can come on, giving the impression the dishwasher finished it's cycle when it actually did not.

Occasionally E:23 and E:24 error codes can occur as well.

Repair Procedure:

Remove the pump cover, making sure cover solidly locks into place.

Sorry, repairclinic did not have a picture of the said cover, so here it is.

http://www.apdepot.com/Products/SearchResults.aspx?type=keyword&keyword=00611322

Edited by Scottthewolf

I got my part in and the water situation is solved.  

Now it's back to running for a short time and saying Clean.  It's giving a drain pump error again.  The washer is now full of water when it does this.

When I checked it before, I checked the lines, but did not check the pump for obstruction--I did that this time and found a piece of plastic wrapped around the impeller.  I have no idea what that's from, but I assume that it somehow got in with the dishes (I repeated my, "the dishwasher is not a garbage disposal" lecture).  It was a long strip of plastic--cellophane, like you might find on frozen dinner type thing, so I don't think it came from the dishwasher (I am fairly certain it would be fair to say it was my wife's fault).

So, I will make sure the drain pump cover is well seated and then replace the drain pump and/or the circulating pump.  

Thank you all again for your help!

Jonathan