Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

reeferman

Whirlpool Gas Range/Oven M#GS445LEMS 2

6 posts in this topic

Hellos:

My client operated the self clean on this, and afterwards the control panel quit, with no keys other than the cancel button work. The clock still shows the time. I cannot find the schematic, and was wondering if there is a non-settable thermostat on the back that may have overheated - the oven is about 9 years old. Can you offer a suggestion as to a possible/likely problem and I would greatly appreciate a schematic. Gracias, I mean domo-hadegato (sp?) 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I gotta tell ya, I LOVE the self-clean feature on ranges-- it's helping me put my kids through collitch!  

Looks like another self-clean induced control board casualty.  Sometimes, for this complaint, there's some ambiguity over whether it's the touchpad or the ERC that's bad but, in this case, it's easy:  they're both replaced as a unit.  

Here's the replacement control you need:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/8524252/1027993

Comes with a 365-day, no-hassle Return Policy:  http://www.repairclinic.com/Layer/Return-Policy
2 people like this

Repair Clinic, here I come!!!! I will post follow-up, with any helpful notes...

Nothing really for followup except it looks as though a vent to carry heat from the oven during clean cycle is directly below the area where the board is mounted. It looks like the board gets overheated. 

Thanks for the fast shipping RepairClinic…and the advice...

1 person likes this

Self clean = Bad!!! I tell all my customers to not use it at all!!!

I just wanted to add my two cents worth on this one. I had a Whirlpool with that vent right under the board kicking my butt. It kept throwing error codes for key pad short. Ordered a new control and was called out a few days later for an error code for keypad short. Long story short, the vent was getting so hot during the preheat cycle that it was causing the controller to go wacky. I wound up finding some insulation that I could stick between the controller and the piece of brown cardboard crap they called insulation that was over the vent. It has been about 6 months now and I have not had another call about this range.

1 person likes this