Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG LRSC26941ST: Leaking water in the back of the fridge.

LRSC26941ST

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPA

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

First thing I noticed was that the water dispenser in the door had slowed down. It began to take a lot longer to fill a glass. Then I recently noticed that there was a bunch of water beneath the fridge. It seems to be coming from the rear near the water connection.

I tried to search around and didn't find an answer. Please help!!

-Beau

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Sounds like the water valve or one of the tubes coming out of it is leaking. Take off the back cover of the fridge and examine this:

Water-Inlet-Valve-5221JA2006D-00696936.j

We need to find out if it's the valve itself leaking or one of the connections. 

#3 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for the starting point! I'll get the back panel off tonight and see where I'm at. 

I'll report back.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

In case it's needed, here's the part link tp the replacement water inlet valve:  http://www.repaircli...JA2006D/1266849

Comes with a 365-day, no-hassle Return Policy:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

#5 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

In case it's needed, here's the part link tp the replacement water inlet valve:  http://www.repaircli...JA2006D/1266849

Comes with a 365-day, no-hassle Return Policy:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

Thanks guys. I finally got the back off and found water leaking from the top of the inlet valve. I also saw water leaking from the feeder line connection. No matter how I tried to re-seat it or tighten it, it continued to drip. How do I post my picture of it? 

I'll get that ordered up and replaced. I'm still wondering why my water feeder line was leaking at it's connection to the inlet valve.........

#6 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

You have to be an apprentice or above to post pictures.

http://appliantology.../subscriptions/

Or you could post them on a photo hosting site, then post that link here. If you became an apprentice, then you could also get the service manual for your fridge.

Is the "water feeder line" a copper tube? If so, you will want to cut the end off with a tubing cutter and use a new ferrule when you install the new valve.

Edited by vee8power, 02 February 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#7 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

You have to be an apprentice or above to post pictures.

http://appliantology.../subscriptions/

Or you could post them on a photo hosting site, then post that link here. If you became an apprentice, then you could also get the service manual for your fridge.

Is the "water feeder line" a copper tube? If so, you will want to cut the end off with a tubing cutter and use a new ferrule when you install the new valve.

Got it, I was wondering why I didn't see an option for pics. Thanks a bunch for the help!

The "feeder line" is a steel braided hose that goes from the wall connection to the fridge. Not sure what's up with that.

The leak on the valve was coming out of a hole in the top. If I refer to your picture above, water is coming out the top of the darker blue "canister" on the left.  

#8 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

The steel braided hose is a good set up.

#9 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

The steel braided hose is a good set up.

I'll try it again with the new valve. The braided hose was leaking just above the tightening nut.

FYI, valve is ordered!!

#10 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

What I should have said was the shut off valve in the wall behind the fridge is a good set up. You may have to just change the hose along with the fridge water valve. Easy stuff.

Edited by vee8power, 03 February 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#11 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

What I should have said was the shut off valve in the wall behind the fridge is a good set up. You may have to just change the hose along with the fridge water valve. Easy stuff.

I got the new valve, installed it. No leaks, but no water comes out of the dispenser! I doubled checked that I turned the water shut off valve at the wall back on.

The one thing I was unsure of is how I reconnected the electrical wires to the back of the valve. There are 2 pairs of wires with female attachments. I can tell where each pair goes, since the male/female attachments are different sizes. However, there's no difference or markings within each pair. They seem interchangeable within each pair. I could see the front connection in a picture I took, so I know that one is correct.

Did I kill the valve? Should I switch the back ones around? Do I have another issue? I did have water at the dispenser before switching the valve out.

#12 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

You can put the wires on  the valve either way, as long as the two wires are on the correct coil. It doesn't matter which position the two wires are in.

Before you get too far in to looking for why the water doesn't work, hold the button in for a minute and see if water eventually comes out. The water resivour may have emptied out with the leak or when you  disconnected the line to replace the valve and you have to fill that up before water comes out the dispenser.

#13 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

You can put the wires on  the valve either way, as long as the two wires are on the correct coil. It doesn't matter which position the two wires are in.

Before you get too far in to looking for why the water doesn't work, hold the button in for a minute and see if water eventually comes out. The water resivour may have emptied out with the leak or when you  disconnected the line to replace the valve and you have to fill that up before water comes out the dispenser.

The lines did fully drain. I'll try it again for longer.

#14 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

I held a cup under the dispenser for minutes.......I watched the clock. Still no water.

#15 Jetfire

Jetfire

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

I let it sit overnight and tried it again this morning......good to go! No leaks and the water comes out quickly like before. Thanks soo much for the help guys!  :rocker:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics