Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

stocpro47

fridgidaire side by side runs too long?

11 posts in this topic

frigidaire gallery  model  lgub2642lf4                   unit works great,door seals great,,,,holds temps perfectly     but comp and cond fan seem to run all the time,,,,,any advice?is this normal?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you checked/cleaned the condenser coils?

took me a while to find info... your fridge is actually a French door bottom freezer model and not a side by side.. Makes a big difference when searching Frigidaire info as they categorize their manuals by style and manufacture date.

This fridge has extensive diagnostics that would require a tech manual and thus. an upgrade to apprenticeship for you to receive it.. it's possible you can repair the problem by replacing thermistors.... btw is the fridge making ice?

i dont have a water source hooked up yet,,,   im waiting for new water filter       will test icemaker and get back to u,,,thx!coils r clean

have you checked the frost pattern of the Freezer Evaporator ?

5995556437 Frigidaire Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Service Manual

same as this Fridge:

837_Frigidaire_Service_Manual_23_26_28_cu_ft_FDBM_4_20_11.pdf

http://appliantology.org/files/file/819-frigidaire-refrigerator-lgub2642l/

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

did not check frost pattern yet,thanks for info guys [and manual!]  but im in a little deep because i purchased unit for resale  and was lied to that it was 100%   after i asked 3 times!     i made mistake on 1 issue      it keeps accurate temps for a day or so then temps begin to get colder than what i set them for,,,,i mean if i set  for 40 deg in ff it will go to 29 deg     etc, can it still have a leak if it can achieve 10 below and better on freezer?

also to let you know    there are no error codes

unit uses a variable speed compressor with invertor pack  

The fridge has extensive diagnostics. Enter diagnostic mode use the appropriate tests foumd in the manual.

OK WILL do it    thx

You'll need to upgrade your membership to download the linked manual:  http://apprentice.appliantology.org/

ok i figured out that on these units that use  variable speed compressors,the compressor doesnt shut off,it just slows down and speeds up as needed.

my temps are fine,,,,,,,the were only going down because the room has no heat overnight,screwing up temps overnite