Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
richseattle56

MFI2568AES Ice Maker Not Making Ice ? About Position Of Ejector Blades

7 posts in this topic

The ejector Blades or also called the rake are in a position that they would freeze in the cubes. I have seen this before and just replaced the Ice maker and it fixed the problem. My question is "If the ice maker rake is in a position like above is the ice make bad?"

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes.

If this has happened before, and, you have small ice cubes you may need to replace water valve or filter. If ice cubes are normal size then just replacing the icemaker should fix it.

Replaced Ice maker still no ice. New water filter where is the fill valve on this unit? And any help on replacing it.

Okay, let's go back to basics. What is the actual freezer temperature? If it's above about 14 to 16°F, then the icemaker thermostat will never close in order to enable the harvest cycle.

Other things to check:

– Fill tube freeze up

– Water fill valve function-- use a cheater cord to hotwire the valve and apply power to see if it will shoot water up through the fill tube.  

I believe this is one of the units that had problems with the water reservoir freezing.

Thanks for all the help. I called the customer after he text me, and ask him to check the on/off switch to make sure it was on. Have not heard anything after that, I will update if I do. I did find the location of the fill valve. Its next to the water tank behind the fresh food section back wall on the right.

Thanks again.

Edited by richseattle56